Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im trying to OC my xfc double D R7870, i can't figure out how to bump the voltage up anywhere, msi afterburner has voltage locked(i tried the cfg file mod and checked settings) i know other people have been able to change the voltage on this card, any help?

[EDIT] unless im doing something wrong...in msi afterburner i cant go past 1200 core and 1250 memory without a crash:/ fairly low

[EDIT] i have more problems, STOCK CLOCKS and black distorted triangles appear everywhere ingame
frown.gif

·
Oh Okay
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey93 View Post

so im trying to OC my xfc double D R7870, i can't figure out how to bump the voltage up anywhere, msi afterburner has voltage locked(i tried the cfg file mod and checked settings) i know other people have been able to change the voltage on this card, any help?
[EDIT] unless im doing something wrong...in msi afterburner i cant go past 1200 core and 1250 memory without a crash:/ fairly low
[EDIT] i have more problems, STOCK CLOCKS and black distorted triangles appear everywhere ingame
frown.gif
Those " triangles and black dots" are called artifacts, they are generally caused by high memory clocks but can be caused by high cores as well, but at stock clocks, I really don't understand, Can you take some screenshots?

What version is your Msi afterburner, the newer the version, the more support.

You could also try 'Sapphire Trixx as overclocking software" As Ive heard it handles voltages better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pretty much gave up on overclocking, i tried the newest beta ab and the 2.2.4 ab as well as trixx. I changed drivers to 12.8 and the artifacts are basically all gone, i think ima return the card though and get a 7970 or 7950

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.