·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145
View Post

I would take a look at the Antec truepower Quattro 1Kw

C

Or a HX850/HX1000 however all of these are good PSUs, a HX850W (or seasonic 850W) are pulling it quite close. If you want tri sli, you might wanna go 1kw+

EDIT: or that ABS, which is good aswell.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337LutZ
View Post

Or a HX850/HX1000 however all of these are good PSUs, a HX850W (or seasonic 850W) are pulling it quite close. If you want tri sli, you might wanna go 1kw+

EDIT: or that ABS, which is good aswell.

Corsair are very good, however don't know much nor have I heard much about ABS. I wouldn't personally get one but i'm sure it'll keep up.

C

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunder1
View Post

Im Running XFX850 runs fine,even overclocked no issues so far

Wow nice. just the man I wanna see.

Do u run Furmark as well with no issues???

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Im Running XFX850 runs fine,even overclocked no issues so far

You won't have any issues but what we're saying is you're going to be putting your PSU under a lot of load. therefore having something a bit more would be benificial especially if he wants to add a 3rd card or more hard drives etc.

EDIT - Seen you already have the truepower new 750, go with a 1Kw, it's a more solid upgrade...

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

View Post

You won't have any issues but what we're saying is you're going to be putting your PSU under a lot of load. therefore having something a bit more would be benificial especially if he wants to add a 3rd card or more hard drives etc.

EDIT - Seen you already have the truepower new 750, go with a 1Kw, it's a more solid upgrade...

Yeah IKW would be great, but its more expensive an heavier, so shipping fees to my country will be horrendous.

I can get the XFX for $138 shipped to my man in Nu Yawk , an then a bit more to ship from there back to my country.

Thats how I buy all these kickass gear, cos in my country everything is low end crap gear available

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
If you're gonna do it, do it properly. Yes, it'll run on an 850w, the 1Kw antec would be better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No haven't run Furmark,played metro 2033/BC2(5760x1080) with NV Surround set-up 800/1600/2000 never had any crash/lockups really pleased with it.

Silent aswel

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashau
View Post

People really like to exaggerate on PSUs. 850W would be just fine

I'm not saying it won't be fine, but 2 GTX480's on load will hit around 750 I think it was. I just like a little more headroom than that.

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadSoul
View Post

I can get it pretty low price here.
http://www.buy.com/prod/xfx-xfx-blac...212204987.html

reckon it can handle my OCed system with another 480???

or should I go for this ABS (Enermax)?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...814010&Tpk=ABS SL

thanks.

I just checked at the Egg an I can get the XFX delivered for $133.48.

The ABS is indeed an Enermax Revolution 1050w in disguise( internal guts of the Enermax )

Play it safe and get the ABS at a better price than the 1050w Enermax.

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,524 Posts
yes it's enough even with overclocking headroom

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jprovido
View Post

yes it's enough even with overclocking headroom

Jesus,

Nothing less than 850, recommended 1Kw

Scroll half way down and then read the Conclusion.

Byeeee

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

View Post

No haven't run Furmark,played metro 2033/BC2(5760x1080) with NV Surround set-up 800/1600/2000 never had any crash/lockups really pleased with it.

Silent aswel

Great, Great.

Your CPU OC'ed as well?

·
Banned
582 Posts
my sig rig uses 500 watt with 1.1volt 800/1600/2000 on furmark. When gaming it uses 400 watt. I dont know if that will help but personally. I would want a 100 watt or more head room just in case

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Jesus,

Nothing less than 850, recommended 1Kw

Scroll half way down and then read the Conclusion.

Byeeee

Okay the stupid in this thread needs to stop.

850w will be plenty we'v proven this over and over again.

The XFX 850 is one of the best you can get, and it's at LEAST on par with your antec as far as performance. It's on par with The HX850 and in some areas( voltage regulation, ie the overclocking stat) is better then the AX850.

If you HAVE to have a 1000w then go with a TX950 or an ABS SL 1050w, seeing how those are the best two for the least amount of money.

If your on a super strict budget the Tuniq Ripper 1000w is always a good choice($99 before rebate, $59 after) it's not the best in the wolrd but it's in ATX spec which is more then I can say about the competitors in this price range.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts