Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an xfx 750i board last march 16th to be precise, and i had forgotten that i purchased their extended 1 year replacement from compusa. Anyways, I had bought a ud3p several months ago, and totally forgot about my xfx board.

then i had a friend ask me to build him a gaming rig, so i told him i had an extra board and some ram he could use. turns out, that once everything was in place, i ran intel burn test, and it fail to pass 5 standard passes. (plus it would freeze randomly) I spent a whole day determining what component was causing the failure. Turns out it was the motherboard.

so since my 1 year replacement is due next month, am i able to return this board, even though it posts, and loads windows 7, yet freezes randomly.?

or would the board have to not be functioning whatsoever?

·
Dream Chaser
3,777 Posts
Technically, its not running as efficiently as it should be, so its defective. I'm sure they will let you return it...but in the off chance they say it has to be broken, take a nasty swing with a big hammer and bring it back to them and say now its broken, haha. Good luck.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfizz84
View Post

Technically, its not running as efficiently as it should be, so its defective. I'm sure they will let you return it...but in the off chance they say it has to be broken, take a nasty swing with a big hammer and bring it back to them and say now its broken, haha. Good luck.

ya, thought of that too, was kinda hoping i didn't have to take that route. Ok so I will post back when i go back to compusa.

and BTW i cannot stress how IMPORTANT it is to save receipt guys.

oh and not just save them, but actually scan them, their ink on these receipts are so cheap, they barely last a year, and its not like it was stuffed inside my wallet. it was in a box.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cepheus
View Post

If you can prove that it's not working to them, good luck. If not, it may be trickier. As long as you can replicate the conditions you saw, you should be good to go.

its intel burn test on standard, all motherboards should be able to at least pass that.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by solidsquirrell
View Post

its intel burn test on standard, all motherboards should be able to at least pass that.

Yeah, but they might say that a - the warning on the intel burn test (if there is one) clearly states that it could damage your computer. b - they see the definition of damage as 'doesn't boot up'. You'll get your replacement eventually, you'll just have to fight for it. Better get there soon, you only have two days!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cepheus
View Post

Yeah, but they might say that a - the warning on the intel burn test (if there is one) clearly states that it could damage your computer. b - they see the definition of damage as 'doesn't boot up'. You'll get your replacement eventually, you'll just have to fight for it. Better get there soon, you only have two days!

thanks man ya good point, first thing in the morning tmarow.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Make sure if they give you trouble to just talk to the general manager normally there more willing to work with you. I just had something similar happen at a compusa well kinda lol i bought a open box power supply ultra x3 1kwatt supply had them test it first and it worked brought it home and tried it and as soon as i would put it under load it would die out. Went into the store they tested it again and it still worked but then i told them to put it under load on something and they said there tester puts the power supply under full load i about slapped them then i just asked for the general manager and he worked it out in like 2 minutes for me and i got my money back. i was even past my return date with my receipt too lol.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeko2 View Post
Make sure if they give you trouble to just talk to the general manager normally there more willing to work with you. I just had something similar happen at a compusa well kinda lol i bought a open box power supply ultra x3 1kwatt supply had them test it first and it worked brought it home and tried it and as soon as i would put it under load it would die out. Went into the store they tested it again and it still worked but then i told them to put it under load on something and they said there tester puts the power supply under full load i about slapped them then i just asked for the general manager and he worked it out in like 2 minutes for me and i got my money back. i was even past my return date with my receipt too lol.
really? i hope i don't end up talking the the manager, but glad they straightened it out for you

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Its more than likely your psu or ram.Or possibly some setting your missing.Unless you see leaking caps or something like that.Have you tried other ram? You could even try updating the bios if XFX Has an update for that board.But then again ive heard that that was one pretty horrible 750i board.

I had this same problem once myself and it was my PSU.But im sure you know what your doing looking at your sig rig

Good luck i hope it all works out!!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothow
View Post

I highly doubt its the mobo.Its more than likely your psu or ram.Or possibly some setting your missing

ram is fine left it running several passes of memtest, and psu works just fine, swapped it on another machine to make sure.

default BIOS settings too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.