Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you look at my current system spec (yes, the one in my sig) I have the best graphics card... at least it was 3 years ago. I have decided to update my PC a little. That includes a new CPU, GPU and M/B.

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8500
GPU: XFX GeForce GTX260 'XXX Edition'
M/B: XFX nForce 750i SLI

Now of course the CPU and M/B arn't important here but for £200 ($322) is it worth getting? I do need a better graphics card and this seemed like a good option.

Anyone heard anything good/bad about them?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
the xxx edishs of xfx just mean their the stock oc'd editions if i were you personally i would go with evga just because of their step up program, xfx, evga, and bfg all have the best warrenties tho. if you had a few extra bucks i would go for the gtx 260 core 216

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
go for the core 216. it will be a worthy spending of 5-20 extra GBP's

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why get something just for the setup program?

The XFX looks like a good card to get and for me the best thing to buy.

And is it an XFX GeForce GTX260 Core 216

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonshorty View Post
Why get something just for the setup program?

The XFX looks like a good card to get and for me the best thing to buy.

And is it an XFX GeForce GTX260 Core 216
because the cards are the same just by different companies so why not get it?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because the XFX one would go with the XFX motherboard I might get.

And Nemes, I have a 1280x1024 moniter, are they good with that resolution.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Quote:

Well, if you look at my current system spec (yes, the one in my sig) I have the best graphics card... at least it was 3 years ago. I have decided to update my PC a little. That includes a new CPU, GPU and M/B.

Now of course the CPU and M/B arn't important here but for £200 ($322) is it worth getting? I do need a better graphics card and this seemed like a good option.

how much are you gonna pay for your GTX260 ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah @ 1280 / 1024 it will give you decent fps on all game titles thata re out right now...

It does xceptionally well @ 1680 1050 which is what I use - and I obviously bench it with 3dmark06 and vantage using the default 1280 /1024 resolutions and it scores well so..

Its a decent buy..

Nemes

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:

The XFX still looks good though
Your going for looks and not performance here? its going to set in your case.
you get an extra 24 pipes for like no difference in cost why not do it? the 260 core 216 is the best price/performance ratio out there right now and when overclocked comes very close to the 280.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:

well i just ordered 3 of these http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx...1137&InMerch=1 im sure 1 of these will do everything you want and more also if you read this review http://techgage.com/article/xfx_gefo...black_edition/ you will see that it beats a standard gtx280 in most tests

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The GTX260 with the updated core is a pretty nice card, and seems to have a fair amount of overclocking headroom. One word of caution, the reference card is approximately the same width as a full ATX board, which may be an issue with some RAM and internal connectors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts