Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an XFX HD 5770 V1 a while back but it broke and required RMA and stupidly I bought an SSD instead.

Now I'm looking at another HD 5770 but with the V1 because my case airflow fails so the V2 would just melt in two seconds.

Is the XFX HD 5770 XXX the best option since it's GUARENTEED to have the V1 cooler unlike the standard version.

TIA,

- Toonshorty

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh?

That's the point of this thread, I'm after a V1 becuase it's better and the V2 would melt in my case because of it's design.

Also, did anyone find a way to disable PowerPlay (2D Clocks) since it caused serious problems with my last card before it died.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Zeus
View Post

Why does everyone hate on the V1? I think it looks so much better then the V2 and mine performed great

wha? Plenty of us liked the V1, and missed it.

However, with ever semi-decent case airflow, the V2 still cooled better than V1.

Not talking about the German rockets, here

XFX stated they would keep using the V1 cooler in at least one of the HD5770 lines.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonshorty
View Post

No, certainly not

Is the XFX HD 5770 XXX a good solution then, since they're guarenteed V1.

IIRC, aren't there slots along the top of the V1 cooler, so it could dump hot air into your case? Or was that the 5850?

Anyhow, the XXX line (according to the XFX site) looks to be V1-ONLY.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, there are a few slots down the side but I don't think they do much.

My graphics cards a fitted at the top of the case with the exhaust underneath so the HD 5770 V1 just coped but V2 would just blast hot air into itself, effectively having no cooling at all

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What cooler does it have?

If it has an 'egg' shaped cooler then it's the V2.
If it has the 'batmobile' cooler than it's the V1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts