Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for looking at this post. I'd like to ask questions purtaining to the XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB card and heres my story... I purchased one of these off E-Bay it had the Hynix memory an would only do a overclock of 905/1225 thru CCC 10.9 drivers... Which was not very good. After 2wks it stared artifacting needless to say I did an RMA. I received a XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB but this time I noticed that the memory was SAMSUNG.. I researched everywhere an could not find any info on this change the old one says XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Ver A.0 . The New one says XFX HD-577X-ZNFC VC.3 . This is where things get interesting When I went to overclock this it maxed out CCC at 950/1435 but glitched on COD MW2 :/ I backed down to 950/1350 Perfect stability thru Furmark, MSI Kombuster, All the Unigine Benchmarks, 3DMark06 ...Since then I redid the Thermal paste on it to Artic Silver 5 & have noticed lower temps
at load an gaming..

I want to unlock the Bios.... How & is it even a possibility ?

I do believe this has Voltage control as GPU-Z Shows VDDC 1.0000V
& VDDC Current % OCP

Also with GPU-Z i Saved my Original Bios Bin just in case :/

But When I load up Afterburner it shows Voltage @ 1125 ?

What is My True Voltage ?

DID THE

AfterBurner.cfg first rename it to
AfterBurner.txt to be able to edit it…..
Then u change "unofficial overclocking", "voltage control" and "voltage monitoring" all to 1 from 0

My goal is to hit 1000 /1440 if possible an stable at low temps hopefully

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
you really need to add volts, I don't know much about video card bios flashing but HERE is a link to a guide.

Also HERE is the link to the asus unlocked BIOS (Voltage control).

Also after doing this you will need to boot into safe mode and remove your original drivers(with driver sweeper)and re install them they can recognise the "new" ASUS card (so to speak).

I didn't read the change of memory part now we need to find an ASUS card that uses Samsung memory modules.

You also may be better off talking to the guys at club 5770 about this memory change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems i can change Voltage in MSI afterburner an i ran some tests here are my results
1000 / 1350 1200v
1000 / 1350 1200v

Then i played COD MW2 for about 45mins temps were at 76c max an it froze :/
Back to the Drawing Board

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i would like to flash this BIOS due to its pointless to keep it at 1GHz w/o an unlocked BIOS due to the 3D clocks being always on. IS IT POSSIBLE TO FLASH MY NON REF CARD IF SOO WHICH BIOS SHOULD I USE MSI/ASUS I was thinking ASUS so that i could also use Smart Doctor but then is this even possible on my card ?

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Praet0rian View Post
Ok i would like to flash this BIOS due to its pointless to keep it at 1GHz w/o an unlocked BIOS due to the 3D clocks being always on. IS IT POSSIBLE TO FLASH MY NON REF CARD IF SOO WHICH BIOS SHOULD I USE MSI/ASUS I was thinking ASUS so that i could also use Smart Doctor but then is this even possible on my card ?
Use afterburner, set your 3D clocks to the high setting with 1 profile, then set your 2D clocks at default clock speed in another profile. Catalyst will take over, when you are not doing anything, CCC will underclock it back down to 150/300. It works on my XFX 5850.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see that cant work ok as is on current CCC im at 960-1375 idle its at 400-1375
When i use afterburner to modify clocks and voltage it keeps clocks at Example: 1000-1375 ALL the time... i lose my powerplay an never goes idle my temps are fine but still thats not the point... if i flash ill be able to have the higher clocks in CCC an still keep the powerplay settings at least thats what i gather thru reading every post on 5770 i could gather an taking note from then an testing on my own :/

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Praet0rian View Post
see that cant work ok as is on current CCC im at 960-1375 idle its at 400-1375
When i use afterburner to modify clocks and voltage it keeps clocks at Example: 1000-1375 ALL the time... i lose my powerplay an never goes idle my temps are fine but still thats not the point... if i flash ill be able to have the higher clocks in CCC an still keep the powerplay settings at least thats what i gather thru reading every post on 5770 i could gather an taking note from then an testing on my own :/
Set it up as in my example. Don't use CCC overclocking, disable it. Are you familiar with Afterburner and setting 2D and 3D clocks? When CCC sees the the system is at default clock, it will underclock the card to 150/300. When a 3D app is started Afterburner will overclock according to your 3D profile and when there's no 3D Afterburner will set it at the 2D profile (which should be set at stock), which triggers CCC to underclock.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Here, I took screens so you can see how it works. 3D profile was active for F1 2010, then I closed that and opened FF. It took a minute or so for Afterburner to realize it and switch to 2D profile. You can see the graphs drop.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Praet0rian
View Post

No I am not familiar but willing to learn :/..... My card since i'ts installation have never gotten to 150/300 its lowest observed was 400/900 when I visit youtube weird huh.....

400/900 is light duty cycle clock, that's NORMAL, it means CCC is doing its job.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmmm ok I see that an will def get to that... +1rep for your informative post thank you. I'm still waiting for Information to see if I can flash my bios to a ASUS / MSI for higher clocks i really think this can be pushed alot higher.... messing with the voltage spooks me a lil i dont think i want to go higher than 1237v as i think ill get a high enough clock on those volts as from what ive read about the 5770

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I knew about the cfg file an enabled the unofficial over clock along with the unlock voltage control..... I need to educate myself on the afterburner program with those 3d an 2d clock settings an voltage on the GPU further... :/

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.