Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
It's a good cooler. Make sure you get the 1156 bracket and it should do quite well. If the Freezer 7 Pro Revision 2 can do well, I know the Dark Knight can do even better.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,941 Posts
I really like it.

I used to have a cooler master tx2 cooler that is very similar to the performance of your current cooler and the dark knight spanks it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
very good hsf, my temps: idle-32c, load-50c,ambient-19c

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenRK View Post
It's little brother (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835233003) is no different then the Dark Knight other then aesthetics and price (Dark Knight obviously the more expensive of the two).
Actually the dark knight comes with some brackets, where his little brother comes with crappy push pins

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Fair enough. But for performance, there's no difference between the two.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock
View Post

False again, also comes with a much better fan.

Well good thing I'm getting neither (wont mount properly in my case).

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The Dark Knight, RS1283 and S1283 are all the same cooler just different fans and I guess mounting. My RS1283 does great with my quad, just wish you could mount it different on AMD's

Also on the extra CFM, a review site said the gains over ~60CFM were very small. So if you like quiet, then you don't need a faster fan, but if you want the absolute best and don't care about noise then go all out with the fan.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedout
View Post

I can order everything at Newegg for like $61.

I was gonna throw in either some MX-2 or OCZ Freeze.

The Dark Knight gets awesome reviews and may help my i5 get over 4.0 GHz. without a sweat.

It's definitely worth it in my opinion, but if you're spending that much, I'd look into the newest revision of the Megahalems since it includes an 1156 bracket.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1
View Post

It's definitely worth it in my opinion, but if you're spending that much, I'd look into the newest revision of the Megahalems since it includes an 1156 bracket.

I'm gonna look at that one as well. Do you have a link of where it can be order?

It includes the 1156 brackets? The Prolimatech is nice. Link please and thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1
View Post

CrazyPC is ridiculously overpriced.

Actually no its not. That is the Mega Shadow it is the newest black nickle plated version of the Mega that is why you pay another $12 for the looks. The Rev B is cheaper and the original is even cheaper because it doesn't come with the extra bracket.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock
View Post

Actually no its not. That is the Mega Shadow it is the newest black nickle plated version of the Mega that is why you pay another $12 for the looks. The Rev B is cheaper and the original is even cheaper because it doesn't come with the extra bracket.

Ahh, I didn't notice it was the Shadow instead. But I still say they're pretty overpriced compared to some other outlets.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts