Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.p...ge=1#pid149879

Not news, so I'm putting it here. There's a reason I keep that site bookmarked even though I can't read Chinese, and that's part of the reason. To save you the trouble of running it through a translator yourself and decrypting whatever comes out (and in fact going over the images), I already did that myself. Though the link is more there for you to look at the screenshots yourself, since they use some funky zoom script that's making it hard for me to find the links to the full-res images without going CTRL+U and searching through everything. Too lazy to do that.
Anyway! This is how it went, in my own words.

Red is the Hammer. Blue is the TRUE Black.

The first test is using the Hammer on a Core i7 920 on the DFI DK X58 T3EH6 at 200x13, 1.1v VCore, running Hyper PI 32M at X8.

Result in RealTemp is

47 47 44 44
48 48 51 51

The second test is after Hyper PI completes, with VCore dropped to 1.08.

Result in RealTemp is

33 33 28 28
62 62 67 67

Third and fourth tests are under identical conditions, only using the TRUE Black.

Respective results are

46 46 42 42
49 49 53 53

and

35 35 31 31
60 60 64 64

Fifth test is using the Hammer, 200x19, 1.37v, same test conditions otherwise.

Result in RealTemp is

67 67 66 66
28 28 29 29

Sixth test is after Hyper PI completes, and VCore is dropped to 1.34v.

Result in RealTemp is

37 37 32 32
58 58 63 63

Seventh and eight tests are under identical conditions, again using the TRUE Black instead.

Respective results in RealTemp are

66 66 65 65
29 29 30 30

and

40 40 36 36
55 55 59 59

Thoughts? It's pretty promising if you ask me.

Before anyone asks, there was no mention of what fan the guy used, only that there's equal push-pull potential between the 2 of them (obviously).

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn View Post
I had a hard time understanding which numbers were which, so I clicked on the source and now my head hurts.
Yeah, I'll see what I can do about that.

Edit; Aghh, forget it. Just read it really carefully and it should be... at least a little comprehensible.

·
Registered
738 Posts
so..how exactly was the test result...I really couldn't figure it out what those numbers means.....

looks like ADDA 2500rpm fan...what fan is that?

edited....sorry question, what is the temp for both under overclocked and loaded?

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said, just read through really carefully and it'll make sense. It might just be me not thinking straight but I honestly can't figure out a way to make it clearer than that. Not once did I see mention of what fan was used so your guess is as good as mine.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
after translating it (foreign exchange student's do come in handy some times
) it turned out to be an ok review

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
I don't get it, which one did better???

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had an idea, and it didn't hurt. Color coding the results by cooler. Compare the first red result with the first blue result, second with second, etc. for clarity. To me, the TRUE did better at higher voltages before Hyper PI completes, and the Hammer did better at lower voltages after Hyper PI completes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.