Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently having detection difficulties with the Xonar DX when attempting to install the drivers for it, I was wondering what could possibly cause such an issue.

The card that I purchased: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132006

My motherboard (NVIDIA 750I SLI):
The red square indicates the slot that I inserted the card into, it appears to be the correct one

I also appeared to have connected it to the appropriate power supply code as well, yet unfortunately not even a hardware wizard detects it when I boot the machine that it was physically installed on.

I was wondering whether anyone else in this location experienced similar issues, or had suggestions on how to solve it.

I also attempted disabling the onboard audio in the BIOS, which unfortunately did not bring any results.

I have a few simple options:

Attempt to refund the card:
Purchase a new sound card if the refund fails
Fix the actual problem with the current soundcard
Rma the soundcard due to it possibly being faulty
Any other suggestions made by the Overclock members

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
I would just send it back and get the D1; it's the same card, only PCI. If memory serves the Xonar DX doesn't play nice with that chipset, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
I would just send it back and get the D1; it's the same card, only PCI. If memory serves the Xonar DX doesn't play nice with that chipset, but I could be wrong.
Would such a procedure be negotiable through the Logitech support/Newegg (I am just being idiot proof) ?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
You would just need to file an RMA, I'd think; if it doesn't work you should have good luck in getting a refund.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

You would just need to file an RMA, I'd think; if it doesn't work you should have good luck in getting a refund.
I am assuming that the Newegg Rma process is relatively automatic?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
I wouldn't know, I've never had to return anything ordered online.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Did you check Device Manager to see if the card is detected?

Did you try another PCIe slot?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

I wouldn't know, I've never had to return anything ordered online.

That is undoubtedly a good thing, in theory I really should not have encountered any difficulties with this card, but luck is usually not a fan of me I suppose.

I will definitely inform this thread of what the RMA attempt will result in.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Did you check Device Manager to see if the card is detected?

Did you try another PCIe slot?
The device manager did not appear to outright detect the card, but it did complain about one of the bridges not having enough resources as I recall, this motherboard has only one PCIE slot.

So far I am planning to simply replace the card with a D1 as the previous visitor of this thread suggested.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: an RMA order has been submitted successfully and the card will be sent for refund relatively soon. I also simultaneously ordered the Xonar D1 which will hopefully be a more successful card.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Ah, good.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I understand you are about to RMA it, but do you have anything plugged into your second 16x slot? If not, plug your DX in there and see if it is detected.

If it is,. then I suspect your 1x slot might be disabled in your bios. If it isn't, then you can continue woith the RMA knowing it was fkd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts