Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the things i ordered from Xoxide and the box came totally crushed i opened it and noiced one of the cold cathode tube was broken into 5 pieces and im wondering how i can go about sending them back for either a refund of a new pair. - here http://www.xoxide.com/cathode.html

and i also ordered a military style switch seen here > http://www.xoxide.com/militaryswitch.html

Its stated SPST which means it works like a regular power on button right... The problem is that i switch it on.. works fine a few seconds later it goes off... do i need to flip the switch on to start then off so it dosent shut off? or should it normaly work just being left on and flipped down to shut of?

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
yes, SPST switches require you to flip on and off. Momentary switches are normally used in computers. Sorry about the cold cathode.

• Rep+
Reactions: Chosen

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by laboitenoire

yes, SPST switches require you to flip on and off. Momentary switches are normally used in computers. Sorry about the cold cathode.

mmm I have one similar to that and it is just on\\off, different maybe.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So your saying IT should be able to function or be left on with the switch in the "on postistion" without shuting off again? should i send it back for a replacement or am i just not hooking it up right.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
When you push the power button it is a momentary contact. With the spst switch left in the on position it is powering up the system then powering it off like you held the power button for the 4 sec off setting. You will need to switch it on then back to the off position for the system to stay running. When you want to power down with the on/off button by holding it down for 4 secs, you will flip the switch up till the system shuts off then flip it down again.

• Rep+
Reactions: Chosen

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen

This is somewhat dissapointing but ill live i suppose... OR are there any other switches like the militarty style with the momentary switch?

The military setup is just a housing. You should be able to find one(momentary) at radio shack and swap it out.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the momentary switch design is an easy concept i could see in switches such as these... if they arnt already premade i suppose im going to have to mod it... and while im at that i suppose ill add a few led's to it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts