Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone have any experience installing an xp120 onto an a8v deluxe mobo? I've read some things about the size of the cooler being an issue, not specifically for this board, but in general.

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ap10016

Hello,

Anyone have any experience installing an xp120 onto an a8v deluxe mobo? I've read some things about the size of the cooler being an issue, not specifically for this board, but in general.

Thanks,
-Andrew

u have the same mobo. i hope it fits... cuz i was gonna get one as well

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Well it should get on there though, may not go on easily.. Compatability issues is what happens with custom comps.. But premades suck lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

ive just got this mobo and HS, should have it set up by the weekend, ill let you know how it goes!

THe mobi is no problem, they say it on the XP-120 web site but watch for the tower, sometime the PSU can get in the way.. i had no problems with my XP-90 though..

have fun

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Basically, it is aswide as a 120mm fan (XP-120mm or XP-90mm). So just grap a 120mm fan or something that is about the same size to see it it how it will sit. It comes up a little so it allows clearance for all the surrounding components.

It should fit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Installed one lastnight on an asus a8v. Even though it fits fine, getting the top-back clip latched is near impossible. It's a whole lot easier to remove the mb. Takes less time too. The problem is, when you plug in that four-pronged power cable, you have to do it thru the rear fan vent. The fan guard on my case was a part of the case so I ended up cutting it out. The only way the hs fits is with the curves in the pipes towards the front of the case otherwise, they hit the capacitors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgd

Installed one lastnight on an asus a8v. Even though it fits fine, getting the top-back clip latched is near impossible. It's a whole lot easier to remove the mb. Takes less time too. The problem is, when you plug in that four-pronged power cable, you have to do it thru the rear fan vent. The fan guard on my case was a part of the case so I ended up cutting it out. The only way the hs fits is with the curves in the pipes towards the front of the case otherwise, they hit the capacitors.

I just ordered one xp-120 last night. I talked to the customer service rep before I bought the HS and they told me that it fits on any Motherboard that only holds video cards without a backpanel. Thats why it doesn't fit on most of the 939 socket boards...they have the dual video card slot. I have the K8N neo plat....hopefully it will fit on that...according to the rep..it should. They also told me that the thermal interface they give you is ****ty...and they recommended AS5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts