Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked on Thermalright's page and could not find a capatibility list. Since it's so big, wonder if anyone has put these two together and if you had any problems?
(posted on the air cooling thread too. Sorry for the repeat)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
It dosen't really matter. The base isn't the problem that you will have. Its the top of the heatsink. Since it requires a 120MM fan. So it really depends on your case. But I believe that it should fit. Unless you have like a Mini-ATX case or somthing.

I have heard things about having to shave the heatsink top off a little with a dremmel. but. Not that much of a shave off.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think case room is a problem. I have a thermaltake 112 in the same case on another machine and it fits fine. I was a bit concerned with the capacitors and such.

Thanks.....

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgd

Don't think case room is a problem. I have a thermaltake 112 in the same case on another machine and it fits fine. I was a bit concerned with the capacitors and such.

Thanks.....

then you should be good to go dude

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
No... there's other problems too. The heatsink has 5 heatpipes that stick out from the back of it and they could interfere with capacitors around the CPU socket. Also, the heatpipes could get in the way of the RAM if the RAM slots are above hte CPU socket.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

No... there's other problems too. The heatsink has 5 heatpipes that stick out from the back of it and they could interfere with capacitors around the CPU socket. Also, the heatpipes could get in the way of the RAM if the RAM slots are above hte CPU socket.

The 12v connector could also be in the way, you're better off e-mailing thermalright just to be sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

The 12v connector could also be in the way, you're better off e-mailing thermalright just to be sure.

I emailed thermalright and asked if it worked with the same board and cpu and the little B_tch told me to look on the website. Then I wrote back and told him that I did and that I couldnt find anything and he told me "if it isnt listed than it wont work" F_cker :swearing:

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I am not positive, but I think it will fit. I have the 875P-T, and the caps are in the same place. I don't have an XP-120, but it looks like there is plenty of room.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgd

Looked on Thermalright's page and could not find a capatibility list. Since it's so big, wonder if anyone has put these two together and if you had any problems?
(posted on the air cooling thread too. Sorry for the repeat)

Check out this thread, someone asked pretty much the same question 4 days ago. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts