Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i get Windows XP Home Ed. or Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 Edition. I will mostly be playing games and my new rig is in my system specs.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Im tired and havent slept so Im not 100% there lol
Only thing I can really think of at the moment is that pro has a LOT more options that you can change where in home you cant.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Pro, it is the better choice as it offers more. Plus, it is better supported.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -relk-

Do u know any of the big differences in the 2?

Check this link (it's all there).
One important point to take note of is
Quote:

Multi-processor support - Windows XP Pro supports up to two microprocessors, while Home Edition supports only one.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrown

Basically Pro is more for bigger-than-home networks..... Just save your money and buy home....

Pro is also good for networking comps with different versions of windows together and still being able to share stuff over the network. XP Home only has "Simple File Sharing" which is only recognizable with other XP comps on the network. Xp Pro has the ability to do traditional NT/2k file sharing.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well, I've used the Pro features sometimes, but I wouldn't say they're that insanely useful to some people (mostly home users using Pro won't really see the usefulness of it).

Home is about $99 on Newegg, and Pro is about $50 more. It's up to you if you have use for the Pro features.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts