Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rig:

XP-M 2500+ (swiftech 462-V, 92mm tornado, AS5)
DFI NFII Ultra Infinity
1x 512 Crucial PC3200 (bought used, not sure what stock timings are--didn't know much about ocing when I bought it).

I can't keep anything stable at 2.2 ghz (200x11) with my vCore at 1.8, vChipset at 1.8 and vDIMM at 3.00. ram timings are:

T(RAS): 11
T(RCD-Read): 4
T(RCD-Write): 4
T(RP): 4
CAS Latency: 3.0

Any thoughs/suggestsions would be appriciated. I'll rep

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunix

My rig:

XP-M 2500+ (swiftech 462-V, 92mm tornado, AS5)
DFI NFII Ultra Infinity
1x 512 Crucial PC3200 (bought used, not sure what stock timings are--didn't know much about ocing when I bought it).

I can't keep anything stable at 2.2 ghz (200x11) with my vCore at 1.8, vChipset at 1.8 and vDIMM at 3.00. ram timings are:

T(RAS): 11
T(RCD-Read): 4
T(RCD-Write): 4
T(RP): 4
CAS Latency: 3.0

Any thoughs/suggestsions would be appriciated. I'll rep

What kind of power supply are you using??? and whats the 12v rail amp rating???

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunix

POWMAX Ultra 500

25A on +12v Rail. I'll hopefully be getting an X-Connect soon though, which might help.

Your PSU could be the problem, setite had a really bad experience with a powmax. It was so bad he couldnt even run stock speeds on his rig without it crashing.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Get CPU-Z @ www.cpuid.com for the timing settings on that RAM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to both of you guys--I've had pretty awful experience with the PSU too (3.3V rail varies between 3.16 and 3.6 volts). I'll give up on the overclocking until I get a new psu. (then I'll post more questions
)

Just another question:

Whenever I try to boot up MBM5, it crashes and doesn't load. I've switched from an ASUS A7N8X to a DFI NFII Ultra Infinity. I switched the board settings in mbm5, when that didn't work, I uninstalled mbm5 from the system and reinstalled it. Still doesn't work. Any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.