So I continue to have some weirdness with my Athlon 35w XP-M 2400+ .
- I can't get the multiplier to go above 12.5. Has anyone else experienced this? I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (the older version). Is it a problem with the chip or the MB?
- I can't get the VCore on the MB lower than 1.525 Does anyone know how to do this?
- Right now I'm at 12.5 x 161 @ 1.525 VCore, Prime95 stable for 6 hours. Not bad...temps are nice and low...I want to push higher, but I need to lap my HSF or something to get better temps. Right now, 41C idle, 45C Prime Load.
- Has anyone noticed that certain multipliers seem to perform better than others? I tried out 11.5x200 and things were pretty fast (I used a 5:4 divider for the RAM timing) but it ran just so HOT and kind of unstable. Like...certain things would run quick, but there were some odd cases where there were "hiccups" in processing power. I had to pump the Vcore up to 1.625, and I was running 46C Idle, 53C Prime Load. Things were a bit warm for me, so I scaled back.
- Does using the 5:4 divider for RAM timing require extra Voltage to the processor? Does it make the CPU run hotter? If I were to buy DDR400 RAM (if I can convince the old ball and chain to let me) and run 1:1 again, does this make things more stable/cooler?