1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote:

Originally Posted by bored7one4
which one should i get ??
Opps i think it the 2400+ not the 2500 +.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Most people are buying up the 45 watt 2400 and 2500. They do make a 35 watt 2400...but I'd say stick with what works, and thats the 45 watt'ers.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I would go with 45watt also. If the 35watt was so good everyone would be buying that one and it would be alot more popular.

I had a 45watt 2400 myself and it was a great overclocker. Like X said, go with what works.

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
You would think because the 35 watt can run at a lower voltage and a lower temp stock that would mean it is a better overclocker than the 45 watt, but I have no idea on the history of those parts and whether that statement is true.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob
It really doesnt matter, but more people have had success with the 45W'rs.
what the cheapest mobo i can use with this cpu to oc

·
Registered
160 Posts
yea, you are not likely to be able to go to any further overclock on the 35watt chips as the 45watt. If it weren't for my Via chipset, my 2500+ Mobile would be screaming. It was screaming at 2.5ghz but unstable on my board (at least for heavy gaming such as HL2 and FarCry). Now it's at a safe and steady 2.33ghz.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dose anyone know where they sell the Shuttle AN35N-Ultra?

is the higher the watts in the PSU the better for OCing, cuz i was gonna get the antec case with the 350 psu for around $70 but i dont know if that good enough for OCing?

·
Registered
160 Posts
more watts are going to essentially mean more components you can have in your system.
a higher-quality powersupply, such as Enermax, Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, Raidmax... they will be better suited to provide the stability for the voltages used in overclocking. Not to mention, don't necessarily look at a PSU by its watts alone; look at the amperage level for each voltage rail. A 12v rated at 18A is crap. Don't be fooled by crappy PSU's that say 500watt yet only have maybe 18A, usually less. Those will not yield the rated 500w.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts