Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is weird, I was just setting up my new system this week and after working out the RADI array, and figuring out how to get the wireless working right I was feeling good. I got Windows fully updated, installed PC Probe 2 and TAT, and Firefox and then went to install the rest of the motherboard drivers. The CD has an option just to automtically install the drivers so I let it do that and went to the bathroom.<br />
<br />
When I came back, it had obviously just finished one of the reboots required but I am not sure which one. It was sitting at the profile screen waiting for me to select my profile, but when I went to move the mouse to click it, it wouldn't move. I tried plugging in my wired mouse, same thing. Restarted it 3 times, same results.<br />
<br />
Now, BIOS recognizes my keyboard and mouse, and the lights on my keyboard come on in the POST sequence. I tried setting the USB in BIOS to enabled, and AUTO neither works.<br />
<br />
As soon as the Windows load screen comes up the keyboard lights go dead......<br />
<br />
<br />
I have no idea what happened, this is the 3rd time I have done a Windows install on this system because of proplems with the Wireless and Windows being a pain,I don't feel like doing another andI don't understand why this didn't happen the last 3 times.<br />
<br />
<br />
Anyone ever hear of this happening before??

·
Overclockiit
3,413 Posts
If you have your motherboard chipset cd , try installing the chipset drivers for the motherboard again.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>|2A|N</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">If you have your motherboard chipset cd , try installing the chipset drivers for the motherboard again.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
Can't....it sits at the profile log in page, I can't get it to get into Windows and even then, I have no way fo doing that because I can't use the mouse. I thought I had a PS2 mouse but can't find it....oh well, I will just do a clean install and see if it happens again.....

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
You need a really fresh format then...or your BIOS is corrupted...attempt a flash and follow the prompts>then if you get into windows...do it again with WiNflash to make sure it went through properly

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think it's the BIOS (I'll be updating to 0711 tomorrow anyway), as the BIOS had no issues seeing thm, just Windows.....I have done a clean install after a repair failed and we'll see if it sticks this time.......

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
The only thing that I could think of is to reinstall the software/drivers - but if you cant even get into windows thats kinda moot<br />
<br />
before you reinstall see if you can borrow a ps2 mouse/kb off of somebody. leave the reinstall for a last resort

·
Registered
554 Posts
It could just be that the computer is crashing at that point in the startup. Try booting from the cd or booting into safe mode to see if you can get at least that far. If you can boot into safe mode, odds are the drivers that you installed corrupted something. See if you can uninstall there. Otherwise boot from the Windows CD and see if you can do a repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts