Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I googled Xp replacement CD because I didn't want to shell out $100+ ( I may wait awhile on Vista ) I have the product key, So all i needed was the CD. I stumbled on this M$ web site
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;326246
I called the 800 number and explained what happen to my CD. I told them I still had my CD key. ( which I do ) They sold me a new XP CD SP2 with a new key $30 shipped. They never ask me to prove I had a key. I'm just pointing out that if you have an old beat up XP CD and you can't afford Vista just yet, than this is the way to go than buying a retail copy.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by idunnowutimdoin View Post
Does it matter if it is pro/home? I got 2 legit cd-keys for the 2 computers I purchased, I'd like to have a copy of windows as a backup.
my XP is home, but I think they will replace pro as well, worth calling about.

Quote:
To order a replacement for supplemental item, contact the Supplemental Parts team:
In the United States at (800) 360-7561, Monday - Friday, 5:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. Pacific time zone.

In Canada at (800) 933-4750, Monday - Friday, 5:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. Pacific time zone.

TTY customers can contact Microsoft at (800) 718-1599, Monday - Friday, 5:00 A.M.- 7:00 P.M. Pacific time zone.

For MSDN replacements call (800) 759-5474, Monday - Friday 5:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. Pacific time zone. To download part replacement information from the Internet, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
View Post

Sweet thats not a bad price...BTW when you buy XP PRO SP2 you get a free upgrade to Vista

I only found that if you buy a vista compatible PC that the coupon applies. Buying the XP home SP2 does not count.

Quote:

Receive an Express Upgrade to Windows Vista when you buy a qualifying PC running Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP Professional

·
Premium Member
22,343 Posts
Check newegg.com, I was looking at XP Pro prices there earlier and a few of them came with the cupon even tho they werent a pre-built PC.

I don't think they would give you a coupon with a replacement disk however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.