Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm upgrading my dad's old piece of crud and I cant decide to get a semp cpu or a XP? And I realy dont plan to spend that much I am just triying to get the most bang for the buck. its going to be about a 350 375 pretty much new everything but harddrive... I just tell him its a tiny upgrade

anything to get him off that p3 450mhz with 64mb of ram so yea
cheapest

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
I built a budget system for my sister, and put a Semperon 2400 in it. It has more than enough pep for the Office apps and internet, and can handle light gaming as well. Personaly, I have an XP 2800, but I think that might be too much for this case.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd go with an XP so you can OverClock

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
dgkjasd098 he said he didn't want to overclock it, it's just for his father. And yes get him an XP just for the base fact it's nearly twice the speed of the semprons. So, bah. Just go Barton core for me

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

dgkjasd098 he said he didn't want to overclock it, it's just for his father. And yes get him an XP just for the base fact it's nearly twice the speed of the semprons. So, bah. Just go Barton core for me

Yeah, definitely go XP. I recently built a budget rig for my mom and got her an XP1900, Asrock mobo (everything integrated), 512mb value DDR266, 52x burner, 40 gig harddrive.

It works perfect for them, and it folds about 1 big WU everyday

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

I'm putting alot less video power in there I think i'm puting in a 9200

it was about 300=350 including win XP so thats a bout 250 of parts ... but that looks good I may be able to talk him into it

thanks

You can get a geforce fx5200 for like 50$, you could go with a MSI K7n2 Delta-LSR and a Xp2500+ the mobo and processor will run you about 140$ and change from newegg.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts