Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a new netgear router the other day, 3 computers and 1 printer wired directly to it, and wifi works on my Ipod/Dads phone. We get out the old laptop with XP and try to connect, everything is fine except for the password, it only allows password type to be WEP or Disabled. We have WPA2 encryption so the length is different than WEP, so if i enter the correct password it says the password is not the right length, im really confused as to what the problem is because the wifi works on other devices?

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
The built in XP wireless network connection works fine for me with WPA2. Are you sure you don't have some other wifi program working on top of XP that might be interfering. Sometimes manufacturers like Dell will put their own wifi application on top of the original windows app and usually they cause more problems than they're worth.

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
Is the xp computer fully updated? XP didn't have native WPA2 support.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol
View Post

Is the xp computer fully updated? XP didn't have native WPA2 support.

it is not, i think it only has SP2, ill download on this comp. and transfer over SP3
or is there a single update?? I tried WPA2 update but that said it was already installed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.