Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install xp after a reformat, and it's not installing right. I didn't look though all the problems, but some of them are:<br />
<br />
No Internet Explorer<br />
No Networking (can't create a network)<br />
Window's classic instead of XP theme<br />
<br />
This is the first time I'ver ever had problems when installing XP. I've tried to do this three times already, and every time I have the same errors. While installing, it says it can't find some files, but eventually it finds them (after pressing enter to retry for forever). I did have to skip two files while installing though, but they were msn....ex... Something along that line; I didn't think it was too important because it was msn, or I though so.<br />
<br />
Any help on this problem would be great. I'm not sure where to start.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Are you certain that you formatted the drive where you installed it ? and if you are, can you revert one of the bugs ? ( i mean for example is the XP theme listed on the themes choice ?)<br />
And just to make sure, try to copy the hole CD on your drive, see if there are a lot of missing files ( compare the total amount of data on CD and total amount of copied stuff...)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Also if your disk has some scratches, by scratches I don't mean GOUGES,<br>
This I guess could come in use to lot's of people,ie, games,music,software on cds. Say you have a music cd that skips, well rambling, neways take and clean your disks with pledge and a soft cloth the pledge adds to the scratch kinda temporary filling it, it lasts awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts