Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the XSPC Dual D5 pump w/ res combo. I filled the res as most I could. Proceeded to leak test it, and all it does it makes a sound for a few seconds(about 10) stops making the sound but no water is moving. http://www.amazon.com/XSPC-Reservoir-Combo-Includes-Vario/dp/B009GYK4RK

Any ideas? Not sure what to do. Not even sure how to tell if the pumps are running(but they or at least 1 must be since the sound it is making).

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't know much about the set-up but if it's making noise and not moving it could be possible that you over-tightened the pumps when you screwed them into the pump top, or maybe you needed a spacer of some type. I would take the pumps out of the unit and use a power supply (if you have one) to turn a pump on for a split second. Try to put the impeller (not the electronics) in some water if you can when you do this. Essentially what you need to try and do is see if the impeller is free to spin.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes im not particularly fond of that pump/res combo - when i was checking reviews at the time of my purchase there was alot of issues with them where the pumps were not working and in some instances leaking! went for the xspc Res 270/D5 pump combo instead...

Checking the tightness of the pumps and the O rings...

also when ur bleeding just have 1 pump connected to bleed them, dont use both and definetly use a crappy PSU with a jump start pin in it...

sounds like 1 pump is moving the water and the other is moving air hence that weird thumping sound - sounds like a finger hitting a table lol - thats the sound mine made when it ran out of water to push in the res - turn off immediately..

If im looking at the picture correctly, its pushing water UP - i personally dont like going that way, i mean we have gravity and its not going away any time soon so why not use it to our advantage - my pumps outlet facing down...

btw - is that a caselabs TH10A?????
drool.gif
i want one soo bad!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
What is the water level inside the res?

You need to ensure that there is enough water at the impellers so that the pumps will prime correctly - they are not self priming so the user needs to ensure that water has entered the pump impeller cavity to a sufficient level before the pumps will actually start to flow water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts