Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ... I am not neccessarily looking for silent solutions but i'm using AFB1212Hs (Double the pressure of Corsair SP120s and 20 more CFM as well)
so i prefer dense rads with a hell lot of thickness
biggrin.gif

Sadly looking at XSPC i only have 2 choices, RS 35mm but 11fpi, RX 58.5mm but sub-8fpi
mad.gif

EX360 on the other hand 19fpi but 35mm thick only
mad.gif

Or should i look at Magicool having 16fpi @ 45mm thickness?
And oh yes i'm talking about 360mm rads

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Black Ice GTX imo, just picked one up off a fellow ocn member and it dropped my temps from the RX 360 3c. Very solid rad, and I'm just using coolermaster R4's and yate's mediums

If you're stuck in XSPC rad's, I believe they both perform fairly similarly. Let me see if I can find that review...

This one is good, done by one of the guys on the forum I believe.
http://skinneelabs.com/xspc-rx360-v1/5/

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuindasun View Post

Black Ice GTX imo, just picked one up off a fellow ocn member and it dropped my temps from the RX 360 3c. Very solid rad, and I'm just using coolermaster R4's and yate's mediums

If you're stuck in XSPC rad's, I believe they both perform fairly similarly. Let me see if I can find that review...

Agree with the guys. If you don't care that much about silence, the Black Ice rads will perform extremely good.

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20fpi. Awesome
Magicool 16fpi but much cheaper ... 160$ for the Black Ice GTX360 and 32$ for the Magicool 360 ULTRA

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

20fpi. Awesome
Magicool 16fpi but much cheaper ... 160$ for the Black Ice GTX360 and 32$ for the Magicool 360 ULTRA
I guess you found some good offer cause... 32$? I see prices around 70 in the e-shops...
And FrozenCPU has the Black Ice for 120$ here.

If you really can have a triple rad for 32$ then go for it!

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah ... 160$ for the black ice from bitspower CN ...
120$ for one from the states ... Nah shipping will definitely be a bomb

Sorry i got the prices mixed up, it's 46USD. Still very cheap, the quad rad is 71USD
I also found a 120x9 rad for 83USD

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

Yeah ... 160$ for the black ice from bitspower CN ...
120$ for one from the states ... Nah shipping will definitely be a bomb

Sorry i got the prices mixed up, it's 46USD. Still very cheap, the quad rad is 71USD
I also found a 120x9 rad for 83USD
Sorry, didn't see your location
biggrin.gif

Keep the Magicool then, it's still a bargain!

·
Premium Member
9,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuindasun View Post

This.

An excellent rad for high speed fans,it does get quite badlty beaten at sub 1000 RPM ranges tho.

I had a pair of 360 GTX rads,best cooling rads i have ever owned,you will spend a lot of time cleaning the faces off tho,high FPI rads catch dust and dirt like an air filter!

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which means it's pretty restrictive
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty much going to use any rad i own on AFB1212Hs and yes it spins at 2500rpm
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So i'm going magicool since the GTX rads are 3x more expensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts