Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It will be ok, but why on this earth would you upgrade for zero performance benefit?

Upgrade the GPU and get a real upgrade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I`m doing lost of picture editing and stuff like that, running 64bit win 7 so...i hope there will be some performance benefit. Or am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
You mean you want to add another 4gigs right for a total of 8. May increase performance if your using the 4 gigs now but it will possibly play havoc with your ocing.

I would think about getting a quad if your doing the picture editing and stuff, would probably boost performance more so.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matood
View Post

I`m doing lost of picture editing and stuff like that, running 64bit win 7 so...i hope there will be some performance benefit. Or am I wrong?

Ok my bad I guess I am tired
4:30 am here..

I see you want to run them together for 8gb, well yes that will work fine.

I was somehow thinking you were going to replace the xtreme's with the gskills.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No that`s ok, so better get new CPU (quad) for more boost? In games is there any real advance to have quad? I think decent GPU will do better? Am I right?

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matood
View Post

No that`s ok, so better get new CPU (quad) for more boost? In games is there any real advance to have quad? I think decent GPU will do better? Am I right?

In games you will likely see the best performance gain with a gpu upgrade. Most games still arent optimized for more then dual cores I believe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let`s say gainward 9800gt?
EDIT: after read some articles not much performance. I already overcolcked my xfx8800gs to 720/ramm950/shader1770 and it`s beast, it just produce strange whining sound but i it`s not so anoying, can`t hear that anyway so...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts