Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
120 mm long, 39 mm tall. So quite similar dimensions to EC2.

You would think that may be too small if you have larger hands, but it really depends on your grip style. The fact that I could get along with the 115 mm Roccat KPM says a lot. For gaming purposes, I would rather a mouse be too small than too big.

· Registered
118 Posts
Not for me, 18.5 x 10.5, moreover I have developed an inflammation of the last articulation of my little finger; I suspect that bending it too much to reach the mouse side exerts a torque on it when I lift the mouse; haven't noticed any problems in everyday desktop usage. Ideally I need an ergonomic shaped mouse that is wide enough to allow for a large contact area between its right side and my little finger, so that its gravity force is distributed among all articulations. Some shots (roughly after 6'11") from Badseed Tech's review of the G502 Lightspeed (he also has a 10.5cm hand width) show the quite obvious problem of current "narrow" mice for people with wide hands, talking about it and the GPW. (BTW, the wired Logitech G502 is my main.)

· Registered
1,274 Posts
I got my M4 Retro Edition today. I like the mouse shape and the clicks feel very good. My only issue is with the cable, it's very stiff and while it looks like a paracord it's one of the worst paracord-like stock cables I've felt. I'm tempted to do a custom paracord mod, as I do on most of my mice, but the trouble is this mouse has a very specific color theme and I can't find any aftermarket paracord colors that match the beige look of the mouse, however the stock cable matches perfectly.

I haven't opened the mouse up yet but my suspicion is that the stock cable probably has one of those really thick shield wires in it. The stock sleeve is a paracord sleeve but it's really tight around the wires, which is what makes me believe it has a thick shield wire inside. Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the shield wire from the stock cable cleanly? I've never modified a stock cable before, I've only installed new ones. I'm wondering if I should try cutting the sleeve off the USB connector end and snipping the shield wire, then pull it out via the other end (JST connector end).

If anyone has any advice on this kind of mod that would be great!

Attachments

· Registered
1,274 Posts
When palm gripping it, is the tip of your thumb in line with the sensor or is the sensor more towards the root of your thumb?
My hand is a bit too big to properly palm grip it (19.5x9cm) so I can't really answer that accurately, sorry. :(

To be honest though I think it will depend on the size of your hand and where you choose to place your thumb more than anything.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
I haven't gotten around to trying to mod the stock cable yet, but I did cut some lizard skins 0.5mm grips for the M4. If anyone else has the retro version, the "Razor Camo" lizard skins bat grip is a really good color match.

Attachments

· Registered
1,274 Posts
What mousepad is that?
It's a custom X-Raypad "Thor" speed pad. I sent them the image and had them print it for me. You can give them any image in the appropriate size and they can make one for you. The pad itself is pretty slick. Has a silky sort of feel to it. It's pretty fast too.

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: SoFGR and deewe

· Registered
1,274 Posts

· Mouse addict
817 Posts
Not similar to the MX518 at all in terms of size/dimensions, I'm afraid.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
They're not. Buttons arent quite as light as my G Pro, but both clicks, and side buttons feel great with very little pre travel if any. Really like the scroll wheel, and overall shape of the mouse.
sounds good, thanks! for lack of better comparison, g403 clicks are the gold standard for me besides way older logitech omrons, I assume gpro and g403 arent too far off.

Not similar to the MX518 at all in terms of size/dimensions, I'm afraid.
Ah, really? thats a shame. ( I compared and it seemed somewhat similar. 1cm shorter of course, but for example the profile/ semicircle they make is almost identical:
https://xtrfy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/wireframe-2.jpg

do you happen to have tried both?

· Mouse addict
817 Posts
sounds good, thanks! for lack of better comparison, g403 clicks are the gold standard for me besides way older logitech omrons, I assume gpro and g403 arent too far off.

Ah, really? thats a shame. ( I compared and it seemed somewhat similar. 1cm shorter of course, but for example the profile/ semicircle they make is almost identical:
https://xtrfy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/wireframe-2.jpg

do you happen to have tried both?
I did, and the M4 feels way different in hand. It also feels smaller than it looks, more in the KPOE/U range. You can compare the measurements here (REVEL Fit has almost the exact same measurements as the MX518):
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/xtrfy-m4-mouse/3.html
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/roccat-kone-pure-ultra/3.html

· Registered
1,469 Posts
I did, and the M4 feels way different in hand. It also feels smaller than it looks, more in the KPOE/U range. You can compare the measurements here (REVEL Fit has almost the exact same measurements as the MX518):
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/xtrfy-m4-mouse/3.html
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/roccat-kone-pure-ultra/3.html
thanks a lot for the help. Still waiting for that big ergo lightweight I guess ????
I'll probably still give this one a shot, as its the biggest/most ergonomic out of the lightweight mice so far, provided I can find one used for 30 bucks or so.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
thanks a lot for the help. Still waiting for that big ergo lightweight I guess ????
I'll probably still give this one a shot, as its the biggest/most ergonomic out of the lightweight mice so far, provided I can find one used for 30 bucks or so.
Currently the largest ergo ultralight is the G-Wolves Skoll, but it's looking like the Glorious Model D will be a tad larger when it releases in stores next month.

· Registered
241 Posts
I just noticed some csgo pros are starting to use this mouse. I briefly tested this at the local store and shape was.. interesting. But the clicks were great. I might go back and buy this and see why some prefer it now. I guess button latency, weight and decent clicks combined is enough for some even though shape is not so safe.

· Registered
212 Posts
I just noticed some csgo pros are starting to use this mouse. I briefly tested this at the local store and shape was.. interesting. But the clicks were great. I might go back and buy this and see why some prefer it now. I guess button latency, weight and decent clicks combined is enough for some even though shape is not so safe.
I recently found that the consistency of button latency is much much more important than the actual latency value.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.