Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AMD Gamer
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
From Grimm's fairy tales to Harry Potter, the cloak of invisibility has played a major role in fiction. Now scientists have taken a small but important new step toward making it reality.

Researchers at Germany's Karlsruhe Institute of Technology report they were able to cloak a tiny bump in a layer of gold, preventing its detection at nearly visible infrared frequencies.
Source

hmm interesting

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Please correct the title: [YN] Cloak of invisibility takes a step forward

OT: This is basically a flexible mirror, since it bends/reflects the light

·
AMD Gamer
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about that, first news post.

·
Banned
564 Posts
im pretty sure i read an article a few years ago that said the military had been working on a invisibility cloth, made with fiber optics. basically it would be alot like a light bending ghillie blanket or somthing.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Whatever becomes available to the military first, I hope it comes with a self-destruct option, because this is definitely not something we'd want our enemies to reverse engineer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

Whatever becomes available to the military first, I hope it comes with a self-destruct option, because this is definitely not something we'd want our enemies to reverse engineer.

Going the way of Crysis eh?

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post
GERMANS?!?!? WHERE?!?!?!?

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is pretty cool. It's a small step, but hey, it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by not available
View Post

im pretty sure i read an article a few years ago that said the military had been working on a invisibility cloth, made with fiber optics. basically it would be alot like a light bending ghillie blanket or somthing.

Same. I think i actually read it on OCN lol, didnt find it when i searched for repost tho. This could be really cool, but definitely not large scale production by any means yet. might be a bad idea to make it that way anyhow lol.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
This so works in with the idea "any technology sufficiently advanced enough is indistinguishable from magic".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts