Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source
Quote:
The contest? Musical chairs. The prize? A copy of Madden 15 for the PS4. The victim? A 10-year-old boy named Roman, who clearly won the event only to watch a terrible hostess punish him for wearing the wrong jersey:
Let's try and keep it clean, I know it is an EA topic.

For those that aren't aware....

At the recent Cowboys vs Lions game a 10 year old boy participated in a pre-game contest in the parking lot. He won the game of musical chairs, but AFTER winning was denied the winning - a copy of Madden. The reason? He wasn't wearing the "right" jersey. So, in a display of grand stupidity, they (Radio station/Host of contest) did the game again and he lost.

Personally, I actually fully expected EA to step in and handle it. It didn't expect them to do it out of a sense of entitlement or that they HAD to do it. Instead a sense of "This stupid DJ ruined this kids experience for that moment, we can fix it!"

Well, glad they did it the way they did it. They hooked up the kid for his troubles. New PS4, signed Mini Helmet (super awesome) and a copy of Madden.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
This remind me to an unrelated problem in World of Warcraft where a player gets whooped by a Game Master after trying to kill a powerful boss in the game while competing with a group of 8 players of an enemy faction, the GM whooped the player and the 8 guys got all the loot from the boss while the lonely frozen player was asking the GM for an explanation just before the GM cut the conversation and leave.

So glad to see this kid got what he earned.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Wow...EA doing something right...

Well, credit where credit is due, good on them for this, a nice gesture.

Still hate 'em as a company
cheers.gif

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think this might have earned EA a Halo back, but not a bright shining one. It is like the $0.99 flickering urine colored one, just blinking in and out above their head.........

·
Registered
773 Posts
Name and shame! Name and shame!

I wonder were the kids parents were? How could you not be seething, about to have an explosively violent moment? Or maybe they thought it was some kind of joke. I don't know but damn that was screwed up.

·

1,116 Posts
Man, just watched the video. What a bunch of losers really. That host is the worst.
Glad to hear EA doing something good about it.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post

Just goes to show some people at EA do try to do the right. Not all of EA is evil.
Once they expose themselves, the evil spawn that lives within the depths of EA's basement consumes them. There is no hope for EA.

·
Premium Member
18,219 Posts
Good to see this from EA maybe they are learning bad press cost them so much money time to turn it around.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeflash View Post

Sometimes, I actually believe that EA's really trying.
Well, their PR department is anyway. Sadly the people making an honest living in the company, which is likely 95%, are surely good people. The hearts get blacker as you climb that corporate ladder and greed takes its toll on your humanity.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeflash View Post

Sometimes, I actually believe that EA's really trying.
EA is at least trying enough to see an obvious PR coup to be had on the cheap cheap.

Its good that they did it, but they got at least as much out of it as they gave.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the video myself... the hostess was just having fun, they both walked away with winning. Heck, all those kids should have won just for playing.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForNever View Post

Well, their PR department is anyway. Sadly the people making an honest living in the company, which is likely 95%, are surely good people. The hearts get blacker as you climb that corporate ladder and greed takes its toll on your humanity.
Executives are incentivized to bring the largest return for the share holders and in return share holders reward executives with large pay/bonuses. Your heart does not become "blacker" when you climb the corporate ladder.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post

I don't see anything wrong with the video myself... the hostess was just having fun, they both walked away with winning. Heck, all those kids should have won just for playing.
Because he DIDN'T win it. They got all butthurt that someone else, who wasn't a Cowboy's fan, won. It's dumb, cheap, ignorant, and rude. Not to mention being a horrible hostess.

I hope that's the last gig she ever does. If it was your little brother or something, I damn sure know you'd call BS on that display.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

Executives are incentivized to bring the largest return for the share holders and in return share holders reward executives with large pay/bonuses.
Precisely, and they sure as hell don't raise stock prices **as much** by paying devs competitive wages for as long as it take to create a quality product. They do it by paying them just long enough to create the shell of a game along with a bunch of hype. This isn't just an EA problem, it's an American problem.

Anyway, their smoke and mirrors aside, it was cool of them to do.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Just watched the video and wanted to smack the girl who did not give the boy the winning award. Not only that she rejected to give the award, but the way she did was also terrible.Idiot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts