Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErBall View Post
hate to say this is a repost, can't seem to find it, but was posted just the other day.
I didn't see it. If you saw it but still couldn't find it then he's off the hook.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
This is pretty damn cool.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTR1760 View Post
Repost, this happened quite a while ago.
I'm sure you guys saying repost can also give a link to original thread?

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reb. View Post
Ok well then mods can close this since I am an obvious ******* who posted something that was already posted.

Haha dont worry about it, the titles were completely different, and the links were also different. I found it by remembering the old details, "19 miles" and "weather balloon." It wouldnt have come up unless you got really creative with the search terms.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
amazing.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
Haha dont worry about it, the titles were completely different, and the links were also different. I found it by remembering the old details, "19 miles" and "weather balloon." It wouldnt have come up unless you got really creative with the search terms.

Yeah, I guess so.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
read this about a week ago, truly awesome! if only the camera could have lasted a tad longer!!

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
This is something old MIT students did this a year ago using a camera weather balloon and a few other items

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...-money-budget/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadget Lab
The two students (from MIT, of course) put together a low-budget rig to fly a camera high enough to photograph the curvature of the Earth. Instead of rockets, boosters and expensive control systems, they filled a weather balloon with helium and hung a styrofoam beer cooler underneath to carry a cheap Canon A470 compact camera. Instant hand warmers kept things from freezing up and made sure the batteries stayed warm enough to work.
They used a beer cooler and got shots of the curvature of the earth

1 - 20 of 41 Posts