Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/researchers...24310-981.html

Quote:

Japanese researchers will launch a project this year to resurrect the long-extinct mammoth by using cloning technology to bring the ancient pachyderm back to life in around five years time.
The researchers will try to revive the species by obtaining tissue this summer from the carcass of a mammoth preserved in a Russian research laboratory, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported.
"Preparations to realise this goal have been made," Akira Iritani, leader of the team and a professor emeritus of Kyoto University, told the mass-circulation daily.
Under the plan, the nuclei of mammoth cells will be inserted into an elephant's egg cell from which the nuclei have been removed, to create an embryo containing mammoth genes, the report said.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Epic.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
why cant we just make lots of whales so the ethiopians can have food

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyfc
View Post

pfft we're screwed

I thought of this as well, then I realized that humans could probably easy handle even dinosaurs. Imagine a tank or f-22 raptor against a dinosaur....dinosaur would epic fail.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

I thought of this as well, then I realized that humans could probably easy handle even dinosaurs. Imagine a tank or f-22 raptor against a dinosaur....dinosaur would epic fail.

A new sport arises

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyfc
View Post

pfft we're screwed

Actually, it would be Pleistocenic Park or something like that.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
This seems a project of mammoth proportions.

• Rep+
Reactions: voice

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks
View Post

This seems a project of mammoth proportions.

I see what you did there -.-

1 - 20 of 144 Posts