Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 11402 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My catleap is over the Pacific and about an hour and a half from Anchorage, Alaska. Too bad I'm on the eastern coast of the US!

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post

Wow good job Scribby, thread is looking great!!!
Thanks man!
thumbsupsmiley.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklepee View Post

My catleap is over the Pacific and about an hour and a half from Anchorage, Alaska. Too bad I'm on the eastern coast of the US!
Well, it's on it's way. Living on the "Left" coast has its advantages (like when you're trying to get a monitor from Korea!)

·
Old To Overclock.net
2,462 Posts

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuFA View Post

You should put places where people can buy the Dual DVI-D cables.
Monoprice:
6ft 28AWG CL2 Dual Link DVI-D Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020902&p_id=2408&seq=1&format=2
6ft 24AWG CL2 Dual Link DVI-D Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020901&p_id=2686&seq=1&format=2
I have the 24 awg when my cat leap gets here ill see if it works perfect with it.
The monitor comes with one, but those work! I made the mistake of simply using an old cable when I moved my old LCD out of the way rather than bothering to plug in the cable that came in the box!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are the Nvidia Control Panel timings for 100hz Catleap. Automatic timings allow a maximum of 97hz, for 100 the following manual timings are required.

qmv4qks4.kvh.jpg

2xwknjv1.xla.jpg

You may experience some micro scanlines faintly visible running on 100hz as described by ToastyX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

I know the lines you're talking about. The lines are actually still there at 60 Hz, just not as strong. I made a test image a while back:
lines-test.png

Both halves are supposed to have faint horizontal lines, but on a monitor that has the lines, the lines on the monitor cancels out the lines in one half of the image and makes them stronger in the other half.
I wouldn't worry about them. I've seen those lines on most H-IPS panels, but hardly anyone seems to notice them.

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
^ Thanks necriss! I will include your post once I finalize the step-by-step for nVidia users (since your screen shots go straight to the end and some people don't know how to get that far!)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Dont forget the step by step for AMD users! It will be helpful for us noobs who have no experience in overclocking refresh rates
thumb.gif

Edit: Saw you added Toasty's program
thumb.gif

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttoadd.nz View Post

Dont forget the step by step for AMD users! It will be helpful for us noobs who have no experience in overclocking refresh rates
thumb.gif

Edit: Saw you added Toasty's program
thumb.gif
Apparently this isn't easy to do with AMD cards. I'm green so I will not be able to do more than what other's post up for you red folks! I googled it, and man, that's not easy. +1 for nVidia in my book! No flames please AMD are great cards too, just suck when you want to create a custom resolution.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm confuse, right now my Catleap running at 97hz, so if I overclock it further to 100hz, its going create some sort of line??

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on mine! I bought it from "dream-seller" for 399 free shipping. I am excited to say the least I'll post picks when it gets here.

***** (edit) ***** I placed my order on March 7 and the monitor arrived alive on March 15. The monitor has no dead pixels and is in perfect condition. I am happy with this purchase. It is a Model C so I doubt it will over clock. I don't care I didn't buy it to run at 100hz anyhow.

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by alricking View Post

I'm confuse, right now my Catleap running at 97hz, so if I overclock it further to 100hz, its going create some sort of line??
97 is fine - those extra 3hz won't make a difference! I actually tested mine today on FPS gaming and it was fine at 75 for me. Some visual issues, but if it were at 80 I wouldn't notice a thing. It's all a matter of personal preference on the refresh rate (and what you can get yourself used to.) Somewhere in the original monitor thread someone said they ran theirs at 60 and didn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alricking View Post

The lines are already visible at 60hz, they become more noticeable as the hz increases.

60 vs 100hz makes a world of difference in games. It's hard going back to 60 after trying 100.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribbyDaGreat View Post

Well, it's on it's way. Living on the "Left" coast has its advantages (like when you're trying to get a monitor from Korea!)
Unless you happened to order on a Korean holiday (Ordered March 1st, reported shipped March 1st) and your tracking number doesn't show ANYthing and hasn't for 5 days and you're getting anxious and are starting to think about engaging the ebay buyer protection...... Will wait one more day, send one more note to dreamseller if on the 8th my tracking number STILL shows no change, and then see what happens.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

BB

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGunWB View Post

Unless you happened to order on a Korean holiday (Ordered March 1st, reported shipped March 1st) and your tracking number doesn't show ANYthing and hasn't for 5 days and you're getting anxious and are starting to think about engaging the ebay buyer protection...... Will wait one more day, send one more note to dreamseller if on the 8th my tracking number STILL shows no change, and then see what happens.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

BB
Are you using the link above for tracking? Or are you clicking the link in eBay? Is yours an EGXXXXXXXXX tracking number? My numbers have been EGXXXXXXXXXKR numbers. That is EG with 9 numbers then KR on the end.

I don't understand all the issues with tracking as I was able to track both as soon as dreamseller posted them to the item. I just checked my eBay account and if I click the item I do get a dumb-downed version of tracking. I prefer the one I get from the tracking link in the fourth post (all the details post.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did anybody buy 2 or more GLASS catleaps q270's.

When they are set next to each other at an angle, does their light cast GLARE onto one anothers glass screens?

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tflan View Post

Did anybody buy 2 or more GLASS catleaps q270's.
When they are set next to each other at an angle, does their light cast GLARE onto one anothers glass screens?
I won't have two tempered glass versions, but my guess is that you would get some screen reflection if one monitor is showing something darker than the other. In addition, the bezel of these monitors is shiny and does reflect everything around it. I definitely notice the bezel reflection, but I am hoping will just get used to it and not notice it over time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a quick question...

I'm using an 25" ASUS TN monitor right now and it's running at 60hz. I don't notice any negative effects while gaming.
Will running the Catleap at 60hz be the same as the ASUS but with a better picture?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribbyDaGreat View Post

Are you using the link above for tracking? Or are you clicking the link in eBay? Is yours an EGXXXXXXXXX tracking number? My numbers have been EGXXXXXXXXXKR numbers. That is EG with 9 numbers then KR on the end.
yes, its an EG*KR number. I've used the Ebay link, the site above and the itemtracker.ru link as well. None show anything.
Quote:
I don't understand all the issues with tracking as I was able to track both as soon as dreamseller posted them to the item. I just checked my eBay account and if I click the item I do get a dumb-downed version of tracking. I prefer the one I get from the tracking link in the fourth post (all the details post.)
As I noted, it APPEARS to be that those of us who ordered over the Korean holiday weekend got screwed.

BB

21 - 40 of 11402 Posts