41 - 60 of 11402 Posts

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklepee View Post

I have a quick question...
I'm using an 25" ASUS TN monitor right now and it's running at 60hz. I don't notice any negative effects while gaming.
Will running the Catleap at 60hz be the same as the ASUS but with a better picture?
I really cannot say since it has some to do with your GPU as well. The monitor sure is pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGunWB View Post

yes, its an EG*KR number. I've used the Ebay link, the site above and the itemtracker.ru link as well. None show anything.
As I noted, it APPEARS to be that those of us who ordered over the Korean holiday weekend got screwed.
BB
Man, sorry to hear that. I purchased on February 29, the day before dreamseller took the day off (I think it was March 1), and still received mine. Not sure why you are having issues. Again, sorry to hear about your problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have read about several cases of the stand/monitor tilting to the right, are most Catleaps straight or do most people have a tilt? i was just wondering because personally a wall mount or stand would not be an (easy) option.. I am torn between the two different brands plus the possibility of Crossover later this week :/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuck333 View Post

I have read about several cases of the stand/monitor tilting to the right, are most Catleaps straight or do most people have a tilt? i was just wondering because personally a wall mount or stand would not be an (easy) option.. I am torn between the two different brands plus the possibility of Crossover later this week :/
what is a crossover?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bought one from Dream-Seller on the 4th, says it shipped but no tracking number yet.

Can not wait! I just sent back a 27" asus to newegg due to really bad flicker... Was freaking out looking for a quality monitor to buy and this thread popped up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sooo is there a non multi-input version of the catleap available with a working OSD? and anyone know if there is going to be? I'd really like one. I would have been fine with the multi-input one as I hear they have a fully functional OSD, but then of course they have to have higher input lag.

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameMakingSux View Post

Sooo is there a non multi-input version of the catleap available with a working OSD? and anyone know if there is going to be? I'd really like one. I would have been fine with the multi-input one as I hear they have a fully functional OSD, but then of course they have to have higher input lag.
The Q270s are all stripped down versions of higher priced monitors and none have an OSD (other than the multi-input Q270 of course). I doubt you will see Q270s with standard OSDs since Yamakasi has two other lines with OSDs (w and w/o glass).

With the ability to create custom resolutions and performing the color tricks listed in this thread I really haven't missed not having an OSD to be honest. Is it worth $40 for an OSD if you don't want the extra inputs (or don't need them?)

You could ask one of the sellers if they will stock the Flawless Precision 2701 (w or w/o glass) as they have OSDs. The Precision 2702s also come with OSDs.

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuck333 View Post

Mine had the tilt mentioned and the stand, while it appeared online to be more robust than the Achieva, was not so great (although the Achieva stand is crap as well). However, the stand wasn't horrible just not as sturdy as I am used to coming from having all my monitors mounted on a multi-monitor stand.

The Crossovers look promising, but it will all depend on the model that the sellers offer. I think we will see Crossovers that are exactly like the Catleap and Achieva. The Crossovers with the aluminum trim, solid mounted stand, and white backs appear to be the high-end versions, but of course I could be totally wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflan View Post

what is a crossover?
Another model that uses the same panel, just with a different bezel. Some of the Crossover models have black front bezels with white backs and what appear to be more robust stands (better mounts/more flexibility in the stand - tilt, swivel, raise/lower). We will see what gets offered.

·
Banned
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
For those that are interested, here is the site for the Crossover monitors - CLICKY.

Like I said above, I have no idea which of these will be up for sale.

EDIT: Actually looking at the site more closely I wouldn't be surprised if models 27QLED and 27QLED-P are the ones offered for sale. They seem to match Achieva and Catleap the closest. These look good especially if you're into that Apple white kind of look (on the back of a monitor that no one will see, but hey no one said style made any sense.)

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
I'll join if/when my monitor arrives (not found using that link for tracking), and if/when I decide if I'm keeping it. I'm in no rush, but I'd like to have an idea when it's coming, so I'll have to contact dream-seller if I don't see anything later today.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribbyDaGreat View Post

You could ask one of the sellers if they will stock the Flawless Precision 2701 (w or w/o glass) as they have OSDs. The Precision 2702s also come with OSDs.
Hey thanks. I think i'm just gonna say nuts to it and get a Catleap single input without the OSD. Couple quick questions though. I've been following these since day one and 1500 + posts later im getting a little confused. Is there a tempered glass Catleap or no?

And also the prescision 2701 and 2702, what monitors are they? haven't heard of them. Link me up if you got one to some info on them. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've ordered a plain Catleap from green-sum. I'm in the UK so I'll have to see how it goes. Will probably have to pay ~25% extra on duties but still a lot cheaper than anything else available, including the Hazro monitors with the same panel sold here in the UK.

The vesa mounting holes on the back, (once you remove the silver plastic) what spacing are these? 75 or 100mm?

Cheers

Edit: I see from the handy FAQ here that it say 3" so 75mm
thumb.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is crazy. I've been looking for a budget 27" monitor this week and was going to finally pull the trigger on an Asus VE278Q (the one with pervasive flicker issues and costs ~$280) but then the main Shimian/Yamakasi thread showed up. Couldn't have been better timing since I wasn't all that excited about the Asus to begin with. At first I thought at $400+ it was too risky, but I'm now considering it, specifically the Yamakasi Catleap with the multiple inputs (I just need it to have HDMI). I'm primarily going to use it for development and some multimedia (minus the gaming), so I'm not overly concerned about the input lag / response times, although picture quality is very important and you can't get any better than an IPS. Having said that, I have a couple of questions:

1. My main rig finally gave up (whole another story), and because of budget constraints it'll be a while before I get to upgrading it. So I'm currently on my laptop with the default/built-in Intel HD Graphics 3000* (no discrete graphics card) with one HDMI and one VGA port. This is what I'm planning on hooking up the Catleap to. Would this even work if I plug it into the HDMI port? (The Intel graphics driver has a built in scaler, although I'm assuming the multi-input monitor probably comes with it)

2. I also wanted to confirm if the multi-input Catleap (i.e. w/HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, etc) comes with an OSD?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Question concerning pushing monitor to 100hz, I notice manual timing, a decrease of vertical pixel from 1508 to 1478 to achieve 100hz. Is the lose of 30 vertical pixel noticeable? Is it worthwhile to lose 30 pixel vertical for 3hz difference?

Any comment appericated. Thanks
smile.gif

·
Registered
94 Posts
Another question.. can we get posting of color adjustment for Catleap. I remember Toasty posted something about his color adjustment and software he use to make Catleap look better.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Awww man... Such a nice monitor. Only reason I don't buy is:

1. gotta spend that money on Ivy and a new DAC
2. No stand adjustments to speak of (like the professional series of dell, ie Vertical rotate)
3. No warranty

But such a sick monitor

Between the refurb fw900s and this, its a tough decision on what one can get for a monitor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
FINALLY...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSTrack
Date Status Post office/Airport Details
21:01 08-Mar-2012 Posting/Collection BUSANJIN Posting office zip code : 614013

Destination country : U.S.A
Quite upset I've had to wait this long, and will have to wait another several days, but at least its showing up now.

BB

·
Registered
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizarsoze View Post

This is crazy. I've been looking for a budget 27" monitor this week and was going to finally pull the trigger on an Asus VE278Q (the one with pervasive flicker issues and costs ~$280) but then the main Shimian/Yamakasi thread showed up. Couldn't have been better timing since I wasn't all that excited about the Asus to begin with. At first I thought at $400+ it was too risky, but I'm now considering it, specifically the Yamakasi Catleap with the multiple inputs (I just need it to have HDMI). I'm primarily going to use it for development and some multimedia (minus the gaming), so I'm not overly concerned about the input lag / response times, although picture quality is very important and you can't get any better than an IPS. Having said that, I have a couple of questions:
1. My main rig finally gave up (whole another story), and because of budget constraints it'll be a while before I get to upgrading it. So I'm currently on my laptop with the default/built-in Intel HD Graphics 3000* (no discrete graphics card) with one HDMI and one VGA port. This is what I'm planning on hooking up the Catleap to. Would this even work if I plug it into the HDMI port? (The Intel graphics driver has a built in scaler, although I'm assuming the multi-input monitor probably comes with it)
2. I also wanted to confirm if the multi-input Catleap (i.e. w/HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, etc) comes with an OSD?
As far as I know, it does come with a functioning OSD. However, I don't think anyone has bought the multiple input Catleap yet to confirm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizarsoze View Post

I do not believe that HDMI will support 2560x1440. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

I ordered my monitor on Saturday 3/4 from Green-Sum and still do not have a tracking number nor is it showing shipped. I am hoping it shows up by mid next week but if it really has not shipped that probably will not happen.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Well, I think i made a mistake ordering without tempered. I like the capleap but love the tempered look and they didn't have any at that time. I think ii'll order a second capleap with tempered but then i have to deal with selling the first one which still has not arrive.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post

Well, I think i made a mistake ordering without tempered. I like the capleap but love the tempered look and they didn't have any at that time. I think ii'll order a second capleap with tempered but then i have to deal with selling the first one which still has not arrive.
From the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomy View Post

For those debating on whether or not to get the tempered glass-- don't. It's a bloody stupid feature. It's a crime, honestly-- everyone wants to get the apple minimalistic look but very few manufacturers do it right. Usually what ends up happening is you ruin the monitors. I mean think about it, you're basically putting something between yourself and the display. That's a crime. Sometimes you end up with reflections appearing on both the glass and the panel and it's infuriating.
Had this problem on my DELL Studio XPS 16. Drove me batty. Though I'll admit, it may be possible to keep it under control on a monitor, with which you can guarantee a glare free environment.
Never personally had a tempered glass monitor so I dont know how true the above statement is.

41 - 60 of 11402 Posts