Overclock.net banner
11321 - 11340 of 11402 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
When trying to install the driver listed in the Nvidia Overclocking information under the first post, even with signature verification disabled, I get a message that says "the parameter is incorrect." Any know how to fix this and get it to accept the driver?

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hi ToastyX

Thanks for posting those inf files again.

To anyone else who finds this thread looking for info on AMD 7th Gen APU's (Radeon R7 specifically). I just tried this display using the overclock pcb with DVI-D on a AMD A8-9600 APU and it too doesn't work. If you connect a secondary monitor, the Catleap is completely dark and the light blinks, but if its the only display connected I do get some video but its badly garbled and it looks like the desktop is multiplied by 8, yes 8 tiny desktops one on top of the other with tons of static looking stuff all over it. Completely unusable. I tried the Catleap inf, but it does nothing to fix it. It was worth a try.

I might just convert this LG IPS panel to DP here soon as it's only $45 for me to do so. Getting tired of all the compatibility issues with this panel. lol

·
Nothing
4,206 Posts
I seem to have lost the little piece that has all the buttons on it that controls the monitor. If anyone has a broken catleap and can mail me the spare part that is the little chip with the monitor buttons on it, I'll pay you for it.

The model I have is a catleap q270 SE 27". Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Highly doubt I get an answer but does anyone know where to get the LVDS cables for the HY-2560M controller board? Would be nice If someone has a broke one and kept the LVDS cables. :)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Highly doubt I get an answer but does anyone know where to get the LVDS cables for the HY-2560M controller board? Would be nice If someone has a broke one and kept the LVDS cables. :)
You might have more success just buying a complete kit for it, or converting it to 60Hz display port instead. I am finding it increasingly more and more difficult to find the Overclocking PCB and other LVDS related stuff for this panel. But the DP conversion kits are all still available from multiple sellers. You will obviously need to find a non-LVDS TCON to match though, but the seller will have a full list of TCON boards that work on your panel.

I myself will be buying the display port conversion kit just to have around when my LVDS system up and dies. OR, when I can't find any more decent DVI based GPU's, lol...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You might have more success just buying a complete kit for it, or converting it to 60Hz display port instead. I am finding it increasingly more and more difficult to find the Overclocking PCB and other LVDS related stuff for this panel. But the DP conversion kits are all still available from multiple sellers. You will obviously need to find a non-LVDS TCON to match though, but the seller will have a full list of TCON boards that work on your panel.

I myself will be buying the display port conversion kit just to have around when my LVDS system up and dies. OR, when I can't find any more decent DVI based GPU's, lol...

I'm not sure if you got that same board I mentioned but I would rather break even selling it to you + the t-con (sla1) if I can't find LVDS cable. I thought the LVDS cable would be the easiest thing to find, but I was wrong. It is the hardest to find!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm not sure if you got that same board I mentioned but I would rather break even selling it to you + the t-con (sla1) if I can't find LVDS cable. I thought the LVDS cable would be the easiest thing to find, but I was wrong. It is the hardest to find!
Yeah my self built overclocking display uses the same overclocking kit that yours uses. But I have not needed to look for those LVDS cables but when I was sourcing them to try and put together my own kits for sale it became apparently that it was not worth it. I would much rather convert to Display Port and just sadly lose the ability to overclock, which I plan to do soon. My original TCON was on the panel when I purchased it so I do not have to go looking for one as the one I have (SDDB) is brand new. I will just need the kit from ebay and of course a DP cable, and maybe some PSU work (not yet sure on that).

Not yet sure what my next GPU will be though but I suspect it will not have a DVI port, lol. Thinking of listing this naked panel for $250 on ebay and getting something newer anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just replaced with Catleap with an Mbest 144hz, so I could sell parts to anyone that needs them. I have an set of overclocking capable PCBs as well.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I just replaced with Catleap with an Mbest 144hz, so I could sell parts to anyone that needs them. I have an set of overclocking capable PCBs as well.
I'm curious as to how the 144HZ MBest compares to your 120HZ Catleap ... I don't know if I could ever go back to using a "Matte" finish panel compared to the glorious Glossy panel of the Catleap, especially for a few Hz faster refresh times? :O

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm curious as to how the 144HZ MBest compares to your 120HZ Catleap ... I don't know if I could ever go back to using a "Matte" finish panel compared to the glorious Glossy panel of the Catleap, especially for a few Hz faster refresh times? :O
Wow long time no see TomcatV. I finally pulled apart my system and retired my HD5870 which was really showing its age. This next week I plan on pairing my catleap with a, yes another old GPU the R9 290 Vapor-X (paid $50 bucks for that) and seeing if I can overclock it with the new AMD drivers, but not sure if the latest drivers allow panel overclocking since I have never used the new drivers. Besides the first few Months back in 2014 my Catleap has been at 60Hz the entire time, which probably means its still as healthy as it can be. Do you know if I can Overclock with 2018 Radeon drivers, or was that only something we could do with past drivers? Thinking about trying 90'ish Hz maximum just for a small improvement.

Anyway, hope all has been well with you...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The matte finish works better for my current room layout, and isn't overly offensive. The backlight bleed is about the same, however the "ips glow" is worse. AUO panels aren't known for their great quality control, but until LG comes out with their high refresh rate panels they are the only game in the ips town.
I enjoyed the overclocking ability on the Catleap, so I am pleased that I can overclock the Mbest to 156hz on a DVI cable, and 174hz on a DP cable with no skipped frames.
I am also all about smaller bezels, so it is a big upgrade in that regard.

Overall, it is not that much of an upgrade, but my panel was developing yellow vertical lines (swapping pcbs did not effect the issue, so I can safely say it is the panel)
I have had the Catleap since 2012, so It has served me very well and was time to be retired.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
@verick ... thanks for the reply, detailed and professional. @$300 that MBest looks like a viable replacement for when the Glossy LG gives up the ghost. Why oh why no one offers a glossy anymore is beyond me ... I'd rep you but this "new" format stinks!

@}SkOrPn--' ... thanks for the concern! Went to AZ for almost a year to get my brother a new set of lungs :O ... about the same time OCN changed formats ... I got locked out and couldn't sign in for months with NO RESPONSE from OCN CS ... I lost interest! Still not sure I'll come back with any regularity as I hate this format! :mad:

Edit PS: I still can't get into my account to read PM's/rig specs/etc etc ... still no response from OCN??? :mad: ***!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is an interesting find. The button section is completely different and has two extra buttons, the rear input section is wider, and it appears that is is flipped (power on top, DVI on bottom.) The stock stand on the Catleap was never good, but the one on that looks even worse, it does have VESA mounting points that are accessible without taking the casing apart versus the Catleap.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
That is an interesting find. The OSD section is completely different, the rear input section is wider, and it appears that is is flipped (power on top, DVI on bottom.) The stock stand on the Catleap was never good, but the one on that looks even worse, it does have VESA mounting points that are accessible without taking the casing apart versus the Catleap.
Yeah, I'm told the one at that link wobbles terribly. There are YouTube videos that show that exact monitor casing. My display is wrapped in Glass and hanging by 550 paracord since I built my own Catleap and it doesn't wobble at all, but it also isn't adjustable much either, lol. Once I move on I will probably need it in a case for the next owner, probably my Father. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
@TomcatV

Yeah I sent a PM to the mods to ask permission to sell my R3E and never once heard back from them. Since I have been here from 2009 and I know for fact I had plenty of Reps, I went a head and listed it anyway. I think the Mod that runs that section is now retired and they never replaced him? lol

Anyway, sorry to hear about the Brother's lungs. I used to smoke hard, up to 3 packs a day for about 17 years and then got very sick and couldn't breathe. Something clicked inside me one day and on New Years Eve 1997, moments after my Brother said "Rod, cigarettes are just too addicting for you to be able to quit"... I just looked at him and took my last puff and said Sorry No, nothing ever controls me, not ever. 21 years now and not a single cheat and I never will. If I may ask, what caused him to need new lungs?

11321 - 11340 of 11402 Posts