Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I just purchased 3 120 mm yate loons to add to my audio cabinet. My audio cabinet is an outdoor cabinet similar to this one. My question is, how many fans should I put in? All 3? Just two? I live in the high desert, so its pretty hot right now. I'll be connecting the fans to a dc adapter that I have, which is rated at 12v, 1 amp output. I think I'd be safe with 3 hooked up.

Yate loons

Cabinet

Stereo

Speakers

Jukebox

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH;14163864
Your cabinet link is messed up.
Link is fixed. Thanks for catching it.

My cabinet is very similar to this one. The main thing to note is it has the ridges along the sides and back of the cabinet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH;14163903
Put your equipment inside, at a window, and run your cables outside.
A single run of speaker wire from the nearest window is about 40 feet. I'm all out of speaker wire at the moment. I'm relocating the cabinet underneath a tree for shade tomorrow.

I also have two hole saws: one is 4", the other is 5". If space allows, I'll be using the 5" hole saw to open it up, and have the yates exhausting air from the top rear of the cabinet.

The front of the cabinet has slits that would allow air in from the bottom, but prevents rain from going in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have a sub that I was thinking about putting outside as well. I'm setting up for a pool party in about a week. The only thing that concerns me a bit is from what I understand, subs don't sound so well in open air. This is the sub I have inside the house that I was thinking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts