Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting a haf 922 soon. My plan is to add 2 120mm fans to the front of the case. One in the 5.5" bay, and one on the outside of the 3.5" bay. I saw these Yate Loons for pretty cheap.

http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-12...d-pr-3771.html

I am going to use a fan controller.
What are your opinions on using these fans?
Or are there better fans for a good price like these?

·
Overclock? What?
3,239 Posts
They are not as high of quality as the ones at Petras Tech Shop but the high speed fans that you have selected at jab-tech are decent quality and work very well. The price/performance can't be beat either. I'm currently running six of them in my rig on a fan controller and they work great and push a lot of air! Just don't get the medium and low speed versions from jab-tech. Goodluck!

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
^ Seconded, though the high speed "pure" Yates will undervolt better. (See sig links regarding this.)

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by poot1234
View Post

Thanks for the reply! How long ago did you purchase them?

I purchased Yate's from Jabtech less than 1 month ago.

They are all about the same quality. As I've ordered a few times. Same cable lengths, and all perform the same.

·
Overclock? What?
3,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by poot1234 View Post
Thanks for the reply! How long ago did you purchase them?
I have had my Yates for over a year. Also I believe the Jab-Tech fans are pure Yate Loon fans I just think Yate Loon makes them to different specs for them. Here is an email I sent to them a while ago and here is what they said back. I basically asked them if they were fakes.

Quote:
To:
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:46:36 AM
Subject: [#SDJ-333878]: YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan - D12SH-12 - High Speed

There is no such thing as fake Yate Loon fans, Ask Yate loon.

John
JAB Computers
www.jab-tech.com

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hout17 View Post
I have had my Yates for over a year. Also I believe the Jab-Tech fans are pure Yate Loon fans I just think Yate Loon makes them to different specs for them. Here is an email I sent to them a while ago and here is what they said back. I basically asked them if they were fakes.
You should have asked if they get Yate Loons strait from Yate Loon

·
Overclock? What?
3,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
Ask Yate Loon
. Yeah, it probably would've helped clear things up even more.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I bought a bunch of them and they were pretty good for cheap fans. They move a lot of air but they didn't undervolt all that well (they were kinda noisy undervolted). I had them for about a year an then when I upgraded my system to i7 I replaced all my case fans with Arctic Cooling PWM fans. They are slower running (max of 1500rpm) and FDB so they run considerably quieter. Not only that but they were about the same price as the cheapo Yate Loons; with better build quality.

If I were to chose between the two again I would buy the Arctic Cooling fans everytime. Maybe I would feel differently had I purchased the Yate Loons from Petra's.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

They don't. I don't know where this misconception started but Jab-Tech's Yates are manufactured by a third party like most other stores' Yates.

The relevant info has been in my sig this whole time, you know...

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
They don't. I don't know where this misconception started but Jab-Tech's Yates are manufactured by a third party like most other stores' Yates.

The relevant info has been in my sig this whole time, you know...
Oh I know. I was just saying, the way he phrased his question was wrong.

I only get Yate's from Jab-Tech because I can get 6 of them for $3.50 each to my door in about 2 days.

They're fine fans for most people. I usually get the Mediums though.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

I only get Yate's from Jab-Tech because I can get 6 of them for $3.50 each to my door in about 2 days.
Well, you do get what you pay for with Yate Loons.
I mean, not to downplay the ones you have, but yeah...

·
Overclock? What?
3,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by poot1234 View Post
Was just reading on here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1117195
He bought the Yate's from Jab, and were fine Under-Volted, now to decide if i should get the high speed or mediums :\\
High Speed with fan controller

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
Well, you do get what you pay for with Yate Loons.
I mean, not to downplay the ones you have, but yeah...
I run real yates myself. But when I'm doing builds for people, they don't need undervolting nor do they need to worry about cfm as much.

As long as they keep the system cool, don't cost alot, and run well, while being quieter. They're good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts