Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay ^_^ lol, i got my 2.6 northwood to 2.91 stable after 1.5 hours of prime95. I did this with stock voltage and stock hs/f. I did have to lower the timings from 2-3-3-7 to 2.5-3-3-7 however. I want a voltage adjustment on my mobo though, because then there would be a point to getting a better hs/f lol

LL

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares545
Yay ^_^ lol, i got my 2.6 northwood to 2.91 stable after 1.5 hours of prime95. I did this with stock voltage and stock hs/f. I did have to lower the timings from 2-3-3-7 to 2.5-3-3-7 however. I want a voltage adjustment on my mobo though, because then there would be a point to getting a better hs/f lol

Thats good, but you can go more up for get errors, probably you could reach 3.0 or 3.1 whit stock voltage. But keep the temps low.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Yeah you should get more MHz with stock voltage, I got from 2.6ghz to 3.4ghz with no voltage increase:withstupi

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cokker
Yeah you should get more MHz with stock voltage, I got from 2.6ghz to 3.4ghz with no voltage increase:withstupi
Thats nice Cokker

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my ram is crap so i think its that.... I was able to get to 2.95 with 2.5-4-4-7 and i bet i could go that high if i really loosened my timings but i don't really wanna do that..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares545
well my ram is crap so i think its that.... I was able to get to 2.95 with 2.5-4-4-7 and i bet i could go that high if i really loosened my timings but i don't really wanna do that..
Drop the divider, put 1:1

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
And i got from 2.4-3.09 (im still very impressed/happy with my overclock
). Boy oh boy does it ever help when i play ut2k4.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CesarWilkins
Thats nice Cokker

Well heres 2 pics of my overclock, pic 1 3.36GHz (no volt) and pic 2 3.8GHz

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
A 1Ghz+ overclock is pretty respectable. It makes my meager 350Mhz look shamefull.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t4ct1c47
A 1Ghz+ overclock is pretty respectable. It makes my meager 350Mhz look shamefull.

Any over clocks good, it shows your going in the right direction lol, i thought my overclock from 550mhz to 633mhz (P3, the good ole days lol) was good, its just a shame my RAM wont overclock and im using a celery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts