Time for some REAL fun!

·
Registered
441 Posts
for pc or xbox?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the same card as you (6800gs) search for oblivion tweak guide online and tweak some things in the .ini file to allow for smoother gameplay. I enjoy the scenery and gameplay, some others don't. Hopefully you will have a positive experience with the game as I have. Happy gaming!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Did you just copy my thread...

Lol, yea if i EVER get a better system im hoping to buy oblivian too. The type of awsome game i would like

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm lovin' it! I played awhile with default settings (automatic set for my rig), and now I'm going to OC... lets see how nice I can make this look...
In heavy grass, I lost a lot of FPS, I was down to 15!

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
I got the same XFX 6800GS too lol. I play with all distance maxed. Trust me, with distanced maxed your FPS will drop a ton but its like a whole new different game and its worth it. If you want to get some more FPS then change the picture quality from "Quality" to "Performance" or "High Performance" in your nVidia CP. More details in my FAQ which is linked in my sig

·
Premium Member
7,366 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vtech1
bah my 7800 kicks a 6800s caps
in never played it on low details lol so idk the difference

Oh c'mon my old 6800GT killed the 7800GS after a bit of overclocking, just so you know that they aren't that far apart, now quit bragging before I start bragging about my outer space 7900 in your face.

Alright lemme switch my brain to 6800GT mode here.........I wouldn't recommend max distances over the lighting as you can only take either with the 6800. Also, since there isn't any AA when HDR's enabled, I would make use of the max resolution of the monitor to clear up some jags, which left me with max settings (HDR) on 1280x1024 with high drawing distance but low grass distance and tree/objects fade distance on the 6800GT, and it barely got over 20fps, and even less when fighting in the rain.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Make sure you checkout the player mods - especially if you want real high quality graphics - there are a few player mod textures that will really improve the vanilla Oblivion version. Just adding Oscuro's overhaul and Natural Environments is worth it alone. Check out this link for recommended player mods:

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=36919

IMHO if you don't add player mods to Oblivion the game is half alive and half as good.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I do max distances and max AA with bloom. I modded bloom in the .ini to look more like HDR. Obviously not the same, but I LOVE AA. I must have AA, without it, I die. After that, I just use some grass and tree mods/tweaks. Then I downloaded the environment mods, elven cartographers, and a few others and the game is BEAUTIFUL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts