Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally going to let go my computer for 630$ in my sig and i'll finally have the money to buy new parts; however, some of the parts will be a downgrade because i'll need to have money to accomodate a gtx 260

so here's my build

Zotac gtx260 216core edition
Wolfdale E5200 (
wish i can keep my e7200)
Gigabyte G31-S2 (i hear they can OC e5200s to 3.8)
Arctic Freezer Pro 7
Western Digital 250GB HD
Samsung Writemaster Dvd/Cdrw
Antec Three Hundred
Antec Neopower 500W Psu (downgrade)

what do you guys think of my proposed build?

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
change the arctic freezer 7 pro for a xigmatek s1283 and get the bolt thru kit. It might be a little bit more, but the heat wont be the issue from holding you back on the overclock.

Also if you dont plan on upgrading your 17in monitor you are not using the gtx260 to the fullest. you can bump down to the 9800gtx+ (which still would be overkill at the resolution) and pick up the e7200 or even the e8400 with the money that you save.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'll be upgrading my monitor though
so no worries .. the thing is, i can pick up an open box freezer 7 for 12.99$ on the egg so it woulld make sense to buy it. i wouldnt have enough to get an s1283 (which was what i intended to buy) but due to limited funds, i just cant get it

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah thank you, i should be ordering the parts in about a week or so, how long do you guys think id have to wait to receieve the products. i mean considering i live in california and the warehouse is in california as well, how long do u guys think i'll receieve it?. ive ordered off of newegg before and they usually come in 2-3 days, but i dont know how long would i have to wait when i order in massive quantities

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fritz_sean View Post
I ordered 2 full systems and got all my stuff within 2-3 days of my order. Have fun with your new stuff!
no way. thats amazing.. !

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by askareem24 View Post
no way. thats amazing.. !
Yep, Newegg shipping is FAST!
Kind of sucks you had to downgrade your CPU, but I'm sure you'll OC it!
Anyways, for the cooler. I added it to my cart on Newegg, and it comes out to ~$22 shipped.
I can sell you my almost brand new one (used for 3 days for $19 shipped). If interested, check my For Sale thread. The links in my sig.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjecT TimeZ View Post
Yep, Newegg shipping is FAST!
Kind of sucks you had to downgrade your CPU, but I'm sure you'll OC it!
Anyways, for the cooler. I added it to my cart on Newegg, and it comes out to ~$22 shipped.
I can sell you my almost brand new one (used for 3 days for $19 shipped). If interested, check my For Sale thread. The links in my sig.
Good luck!
thas awesome, i'll see what i can do man. i cant wait to get my build. if i can get my e5200 @ 3.5 , i know that wont bottleneck the gtx260

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ando
View Post

I got my 7200 to 3.8 (400x9.5) on that mobo with AF7 @ 58/62 load - it would do more but I was getting held back by the onboard vid.

why is ur board under rma? oc too mucH? lol

i didnt know that onboard would play a difference in overclocking cpu. i guess theyre linked together?

·
Extreme overclocker
949 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by askareem24
View Post

why is ur board under rma? oc too mucH? lol

i didnt know that onboard would play a difference in overclocking cpu. i guess theyre linked together?

Im not sure what happened to this board - it Failed a RAM timing change, done the doubble boot to reset to stock bios and never posted again.....not even a beep with no ram in

Yeha I think the onboard vid must be linked to the FSB - when I went over 400FSB It would artifact and become unstable - BUT the more I oc'd my RAM it would go a few more MHz.......So it must have something to do with ram and FSB speeds.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
why not get an SLI mobo like a 680i for like 80 bucks or something round here.. or p5ne SLI from that guy who was selling like 20 motherboards.. and SLI your 8800gts g92.. they come pretty close to 4850s oc'ed too i believe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts