Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
professional curmudgeon
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Canis Majoris is the largest star second largest star in the known universe, it also happens to be the code name of a leaked Intel and AMD joint venture named Project Canis. The JV aims to unify Intel’s outstanding fabrication facilities and RTG’s graphics ambitions. In simpler words, RTG will be designing the GPU and Intel will be fabricating it. In an oddly gracious gesture, GloFo decided to allow this partnership to go ahead without any financial penalties for – old times sake (or a lot of $$$).

Radeon’s new flagship Radeon RX Canis to be manufactured by Intel foundries, will be supporting 10,240 SP and 4 TB/s HBM4
Reliable sources have told us that the JV documentation was personally carried to Intel HQ by Raja Koduri and represents the start of a burgeoning alliance between the two chip powerhouses. AMD’s RTG division has always been quite good at the designing part of the chip process and with Intel’s foundries in the equation (which are hands down the best on the planet I might add) this is going to utterly disrupt the entire graphics industry.

SOURCE

nevermind, nothing to see here, move along. :p

or just take pop shots at me- fair enough.

·
professional curmudgeon
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot what day it is . . .

nevermind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.