Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so my room was cold when I got home from school thanks to it being a basement and all, my room has its own baseboard and thermostat. Cranked my room temp from 60F to 70F bios booted cpu temp at 55F (room is @ 70F at this time) When all the booting was good and done my cpu was at its normal 66F
played bf2 for 4 hours the temp held steady 66F. I was like wow its 70F in here according to the thermostat and a digi temp monitor, so I was like (ODD) thinking speedfan is being a piece o poopy again stuck digi temp monitor between my FSC-50's fins it read 67.3... OOOOOOO sub ambient on air blasphemy!! (just wanted to share my experience /w u all.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion14_99

congrats, you have broken the laws of physics

Wind chill factor.

Happened to me before...
17C idle temps when my room was 18.5C.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion14_99

congrats, you have broken the laws of physics

though rare it is possible there is the windchill factor

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

As of right now, my CPU fan is my foot-cooler.

Or foot warmer when I'm playing my games Nice for early-morning gaming
. This room is can get like 25*F warmer than the rest of the house when I have a LAN party

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Foot... warmer INGENIUS those cold nights of gameing with near frostbitten toes is over... now all i need is a box to put my pelonis disk heater on so it dosent burn my house down and mod a longer switch.
Edit.. BTW windchill as in cooling the cpu alot with good fan power or cooling the temp monitor with cold air

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

Isn't 18.5C kinda cold for your room?

wheres the canadian spirit? enure the cold! my room is 15-ish right now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts