Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't feel right if I hijacked someone's thread, so... here's mine.
biggrin.gif

Currently my build would be something like this:

CPU: Intel i5 2500K
Mobo: MSI P67A-C45
Memory: Exceleram Rippler 2x2GB 1600MHz CL7
GPU: MSI GTX 570
PSU: Chieftec CFT 650/700W
Case: CM 690 II / NZXT Hades / NZXT Guardian 921 Redline Editon
For cpu cooling I'll probably take Hyper TX3 or 212+, 'cause I won't overclock a lot, and they'll be better then those little stock coolers.
biggrin.gif

What do you think? Any suggestions?

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm afraid that pc market here is very limited vendor-wise... Currently there are only asus and msi p67 available, and since I won't use 2nd pci-e or esata which asus has, I decided to go the msi way. As for the PSUs, It's pretty much the same as with mobos... Chieftec, Cooler Master, AXP (XION), LC Power, and Silverstone Strider which is a lot more expensive then it should be.

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar;11960667
I'm afraid that pc market here is very limited vendor-wise... Currently there are only asus and msi p67 available, and since I won't use 2nd pci-e or esata which asus has, I decided to go the msi way. As for the PSUs, It's pretty much the same as with mobos... Chieftec, Cooler Master, AXP (XION), LC Power, and Silverstone Strider which is a lot more expensive then it should be.
Where, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tconroy135
View Post

Where, if you don't mind me asking?

Serbia. I mean, there are some resellers that have Corsair and Antec PSUs and so on... but their prices are far from normal.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Silverstone is the best brand among which you described. Get that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rui-no-onna;11965013
Hmm, spend $80~150 on PSU or $1,000 worth of fried components. I dunno about you, but I know which one I'd pick.
Actually, Chieftec is about 90EUR which is like $116 so it doesn't really fall in with the cheap ones.

EDIT1: Also, I found on another forum (not sure if I should say which one, as it could be seen as an advertisement...) that Chieftec's PSUs are built by CWT just as Corsair's PSUs.

EDIT2: There's also mention of Chieftec PSUs in this thread. Basically, Phaedrus2129 pretty much says the same thing - that Chieftec's CFT units are the same as Corsair's TX, but with an added layer of protection.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar;11965722
EDIT2: There's also mention of Chieftec PSUs in this thread. Basically, Phaedrus2129 pretty much says the same thing - that Chieftec's CFT units are the same as Corsair's TX, but with an added layer of protection.
Ah, then that's good. Just haven't hear of Chieftec before so I was wary. Might be Europe only.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I kind of need a suggestion here. ALL 2500k procesors that were shipped here were sold in less then a week, and new batch is expected in mid-february. Should I wait for 2500K or just buy an 2500? I know, the overclocking isn't possible but I only planned to do it moderately, so I guess I won't mind. Only thing I don't know is: will 2500 at stock bottleneck a gtx 570?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beware, wall of text incoming.
smile.gif
)

I should pick up my rig tomorrow, but there's still time to change something, and therefore I'm in a trilemma... I know, only a day left, and I'm still fighting with myself about the best possible choice.

So, choice 1 would be:
Intel i7 2600 + CM Hyper 212+
MSI P67A-C45
Exceleram Rippler 2x2GB 1600MHz CL7
Palit GTX 570
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W
CM 690 II

Choice 2:
Intel i5 2500 + CM Hyper 212+
ASUS P8P67
Palit GTX 570
CM 690 II

Choice 3:
Intel i7 2600 + CM Hyper 212+
ASUS P8P67
Palit GTX 570
Xigmatek Asgard
biggrin.gif

Basically, I'm at the very end of my budget, and I have to compromise.

Solution 3 is probably the worst of them, 'cause I know that a quality case is a must. And I just can't choose between the two that are left, and here's why:
It is inevitable that ASUS P8P67 is a better mobo, but I might not even use the second pci-e for gpu or even esata (both of which C45 doesn't have)

Although this rig will be used mostly for games, I feel like I could benefit from 2600 in terms of photoshop and vegas usage (which I do less, but still...).

I'm in need of some serious help.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump... Um, this is kind of urgent.
Anybody care to share their thoughts? And I'm truly sorry for the tripple post, but that's the only way of getting the thread to the top without posting a new one.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Choice 1 would be the way i would go! but i would change it to the asus board ASUS P8P67

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'd go choiche 1 too, keeping the Msi board, maybe if possible change it to the c-55, but I mean if you don't do overclock and don't need the others added features there's no need to change it.

P.S: do you have Euro ?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar;12087700
Like I said, I'm at the very end of my budget... so It's either choice 1 or 2.
#1 is the choice i hands down

1 - 17 of 17 Posts