Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I need a tablet, after realizing that I just went through three scrap papers working on homework for one class in an hour.

Since I already have a laptop for programming stuff, this tablet is pretty much strictly for taking notes ~95% of the time and maybe light entertainment for the other ~5%.

Of course, since "taking notes" is actually writing stuff out rather than typing it into some word processing programs, I also ask for a suggestion on the stylus as well.

I am looking for one with a good weight+responsive stylus. The budget is literally unlimited, although anything above 500-600 dollars will need to have some good reasons to justify its price.

Thanks all
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
On-board memory?

Looks pretty darn good for strictly taking notes purpose.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently you can't save it. If only this thing comes with a 4 or 8 GB memory (which is cheap as hell these days), along with some basic organizing software for later uses, I'm sure it will sell even better than hotcakes, or iphones for that matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Quote:
]
The Boogie Board Rip LCD eWriter combines an exceptional paper-like writing experience with the ability to save written or drawn images as files..
i'm pretty sure it says right there that it can save notes
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
298 Posts
Not much to choose from. iPad doesn't have a stylus. Android only Note 10.1. I'm using the one in my sig and I'm very happy with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxyep View Post

i'm pretty sure it says right there that it can save notes
http://www.amazon.com/Boogie-Board-Writing-Tablet-Black/dp/B002ZE4TDI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361164120&sr=8-2&keywords=boogie+board+lcd+writing+tablet
According to product pages and customer reviews, that's not quite the case. I'm not sure what the rationale is there.

I don't really see many good pen-tablet devices for this exact sort of use case. The closest things you can get will have lots and lots of other features, and usually simple paper is going to fill your needs pretty well. You might not even be saving much on carried weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxyep View Post

i'm pretty sure it says right there that it can save notes
I guess I wasn't being clear earlier.

What I want is something that can save notes onto itself (ie. onboard memory), rather than having to tether it to the computer to back it up/review it again when needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Boogie-Board-Writing-Tablet-Black/dp/B002ZE4TDI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361164120&sr=8-2&keywords=boogie+board+lcd+writing+tablet
According to product pages and customer reviews, that's not quite the case. I'm not sure what the rationale is there.

I don't really see many good pen-tablet devices for this exact sort of use case. The closest things you can get will have lots and lots of other features, and usually simple paper is going to fill your needs pretty well. You might not even be saving much on carried weight.
I talked to my friend and he recommended me the galaxy note 10.1.

One thing that simple paper doesn't fill my needs though is that I have to carry a full packet around with me just to use them for scrap papers (write on them once, discard, repeat). Also, it doesn't sound feasible to keep erasing that same paper and reuse it over and over either.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplicated View Post

One thing that simple paper doesn't fill my needs though is that I have to carry a full packet around with me just to use them for scrap papers (write on them once, discard, repeat). Also, it doesn't sound feasible to keep erasing that same paper and reuse it over and over either.
While I love my TF810T using a traditional notebook and a pen is still much easier and faster.
The drawback is that you cannot use internet on it
wink.gif
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top