Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheesh. I had read about this issue with the black dual bay XSPC res after ordering mine (of course) and was hoping that the issue had been resolved already but nope. Luckily I caught it early, as my rig is on a shelf and I to reach over it to hit the power on the motherboard. I rested my hand on it and - hey, that's water! The top is clearly warped, I can see the O ring at the back, and it is leaking from the top front and the right side. Man, it's only two months old. Naw, not interested in another one through RMA; the time it would take to change these out over and over (clearly a design issue or poor material choice as it appears that the warm water + the pressure of the O ring is causing it to warp out) would quickly be more than it is worth to me. Soured on XSPC ones. For now, it's running with that clear RTV sealant forced into the gap, but with summer coming and room temps climbing (it can be 90f in that room when I get home) it is only going to warp more so this is not a good fix. Just ordered the Alphacool Repack Dual. It gives me the option to add another D5 which is nice. XPSC needs to get the guy who designed that awesome Raystorm block to redesign that bayres, because it really needs the help.

Not a rant here, just an FYI.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts