Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing TF 2 and i head some thing like fall inside my computer. My heart sank
i looked inside my computer and everything seemed normal. looked at my screen and my computer was still there on and playin TF 2 so i thought nothin about it
so today i decide to investigate a little more and it turns out a screw had fell on to my gfx card
so as i took it of the screw must of scratch the card and my card started to artifact alot. so i did a restart and all was fine. as my computer is restarting i looked to see were my screw had came from cause at first i thought it was he power supply cause it was a pretty big screw. the i looked down and my heat sink is like hanging half off kinda off and the barcket that u hook the cpu cooler on thats around all of its screws were lose

heat sink must be really heavy or somthin

·
Premium Member
12,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatKidNamedRocky View Post
the i looked down and my heat sink is like hanging half off kinda off and the barcket that u hook the cpu cooler on thats around all of its screws were lose

ThatKidNamedRocky, check to make sure none of the nuts that are holding the back plate on are stripped or loose. I can't imagine this happening with the factory screws and nuts. Many of the new coolers are a tad heavy but if the clip with your Xigmatek is properly attached and the back plate is on securely then this shouldn't happen.

Let us know and if you can please include pictures.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I guess mass production parts.... there's always some in the batch that are bad in different ways .. afterall they can't inspect every single one of them.

·
Premium Member
12,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleC View Post
I guess mass production parts.... there's always some in the batch that are bad in different ways .. afterall they can't inspect every single one of them.
TripleC, which part are you referring to? How can't imagine a screw and nut just magically coming loose from the back plate (that's if the back plate is the problem).

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts