Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading the processor in my laptop from a T2500 to probably a T7200 or higher. This means that I'll have the T2500 leftover so I was thinking of using it in a desktop system.

I've heard that they are quite decent overclockers so it would be rude not to! The only problem is that ideally I'd like to keep it in MATX form so I can have a relatively compact desktop.

Can anyone recommed a decent board for overclocking this CPU?

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
Be aware, its not your normal version of 478. Intel moved a pin over so people wouldn't accidently put it in the old 478 socket and kill their system. There are only 2 mobos that I can find that let you use the Core Duo/Core Solo as a desktop. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=&srchInDesc= They use their own hsf and I don't think you can upgrade it. So overclocking really isn't an option. I know the link is to newegg but I think you can find them in the UK with no issue

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, its not looking good. Im quite dissapointed with the lack of MATX boards for the latest generation of Intels processors. On paper it should be an obvious choice (both E's and T's) as they are low heat, high power. Just the thing for SFF PC's. But its the AM2 socket that has the majority of motherboards available for it but the processors are poor. My laptop is faster at most things running 2.0ghz than an overclocked 3800 x2 at 2.8 ghz.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampant
View Post

Yeah, its not looking good. Im quite dissapointed with the lack of MATX boards for the latest generation of Intels processors. On paper it should be an obvious choice (both E's and T's) as they are low heat, high power. Just the thing for SFF PC's. But its the AM2 socket that has the majority of motherboards available for it but the processors are poor. My laptop is faster at most things running 2.0ghz than an overclocked 3800 x2 at 2.8 ghz.

Latest generation? This isnt the latest generation, core 2 duo is. Also, there made for laptops really, not for desktops, so dont be surprised at this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts