Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Softly softly catchee gamer monkey

Quote:

Halo fans will have to upgrade their computer if they want to follow Master Chief's adventures on the PC.

Microsoft has announced that the PC version of Halo 2 will only work on the new version of Windows called Vista.

The decision could make it expensive for many to play the game if they have to buy the new version of Windows and extra hardware for their PC.

Microsoft has given no definite release date for Vista but it is expected to be available by the end of 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4698072.stm

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I love the Halo series.

I love the Halo series on PC, More.

I depise Microsoft. Even though I wouldn't be posting this is if wasn't for them.

I do not despise Microsoft now.

I HATE Microsoft now!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Wow, i dont like how they make you upgrade, i think it should only run on XP and up....theyll lose a lot of business on this......but will get a few to upgrade....i may....that is if vista is a good price

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcin123b

Esxcuse me but there is no curent xbox emulators that run halo 2

True, current emulators can run few retail games at the moment and even if they run, at a very low frame rate(1-2 fps).

·
Banned
233 Posts
My dad is going to buy a legit vista copy for his 64 bit comp can he use the sam copy to upgrade my comp

oh and about the emulator curnetly there is only one emulator for xbox that runs Halo and also there is many other emus which run at fast speeds at this website http://www.emulator-zone.com/

NOTE u can only legaly have an emu if u own the console because of the Bios the emulator has to have to run the game

·
Registered
219 Posts
haha good price....if under a grand but over 500$ is a good price to you then you'll bhe getting vista wehn it comes out =][...im already saving =\\ only becasue i want the new os so i can be prepared for customers ...-trey

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Well......I guess I won't be playing Halo2 then........

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Yes, Vista is supposed to be such a memory whore that I am skipping 2GB altogether and am most likely getting 4x1GB sticks of DDR2 800 as my next RAM upgrade. Also, I think this is a pretty good idea on MS' part because just like how we all bought Xboxes to get Halo, many people will buy Vista to get Halo 2 PC, although an Xbox360 would be cheaper than Vista alone, assuming you ALREADY have a DX10/SM4 capable 64bit system

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hell, I already have Halo2 on my modded xBox no way in hell that will be the reason why I upgrade to Vista. I'll hold out as long as I can.

I think the whole Vista thing and the requirements are going to hinder people to upgrade for at least a year or two because not everyone can go out and plunk down $1500-$2000 (retail) for a decent Vista system. High end retail is going to be near $3000-$5000 easy and gaming PC's jesus, I dont even want to know. Thankfully I know how to build my own

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeh it is a killer for a pc, as one of my mates knows someone from microsoft and he gets sent BETA versions everymonth, he made up a system which was fairly good, for example 3ghz intel, 512ram, 40gb just to see what it was like and it was running really slow, they are totally tryin to make it look like a mac os tho

haha its funny, its looks amazin but will kill pcs and from what i have seen it has some new features but it looks like its based mostly on Xp pro
so i dunno what they are doing, i think they should do three version of it too, Vista home, Vista Pro and a Vista lite, which wont use as much resources,

but lets face it as soon as it is realesed everyone will be downloading it and loading it on anyway, bt for me am gonna saty with Xp pro for as long as i can

haha that was a long post

just me blabbing on, oh well

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would really like to see some sort of stripped down and optimized 'Game Version' of the Windows OS that would serve as sort of a bootloader for XBOX titles.

Gates gave us XP Home

Why not Vista Game
C'mon Bill! We gave you all that money do something good with it!

It would most certainly be dooable, there would be issues, that's a given but wouldn't it make gaming life soooooo much better?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.