Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creative's drivers are good , but to those who have spent a considerable amount of money on their sound system , its good to have software that can more extensively manage your sound.

Here i am presenting you with the latest driver package modded by youP-PAX - and i am pretty impressed so far.

Quote:
PAX X-FI OS Driver V6.20 codename "Wing Foot"
Special Bass + Treble Edition

Crystal clear true 24bit sound
Supported cards:
PCI XFI
Supported OS:
XP
X32
X64
Vista
X32
X64

Quote:
Changes:
+ World first Creative Console Launcher
+ Fix all sound to 24bit level
+ Fix all sound cards to make mic work
+ Fix stuff in infs
+ Perfect Bass sound
+ Added nice crisp bass to it.
+ Super Bass in Games Boost bass level fight off weak bass in games.
+ Added Bass in ENT mode for movies and music
+ Added Bass in Audio creation mode
+ Added support in infs
+ Added support in XP x64
+ Added support in Vista x64
+ 100% working Dolby in Vista and XP
+ Dell support should work now!
* Fix EAX and EQ Presets they all work now!
* Added more Treble please let me know how it goes.
Know issue No DTS and DD for Dell OEM Cards yet.
Platforms tested:
XP and Vista

v6.20
http://files.filefront.com/PAX+X+Fi+.../fileinfo.html

v6.25 (compatible with both audigy/x-fi) [TEMP. INVALID]
http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

Youp-Pax X-Fi Software Suite XP 2008 (
Windows XP Only) [TEMP. INVALID]
http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

v6.25 (compatible with both audigy/x-fi) [Thanks to bobfig]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Y3K379M

Front i/o instructions from fellow OCN member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericeod View Post
The Creative Entertainment Ceter are not included with the driver pack, but it was easy enough to install the application from the X-Fi driver disk.

All I did was removed all Creative drivers (almost didnt see the volume control in the add/remove...), ran driver cleaner and installed the Pax drivers. When installation finished i just selected not to restart, then poped in the X-Fi disk. I then selected custom installation and just checked only the Entertainment Center. After the application installed I rebooted. Everything is working great.

Testimonials:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
These drivers make your speakers sound far better than anything creative has on their site. The bass response is night and day when you compare the two.

Enjoy

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Do you know if these drivers allow support for the front I/O with the X-Fi Platinim? In other words, does it include the Creative Entertainment Center for use with the remote?
It should...Im not completely sure though.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
Think these would be worth it with my Z-5500s? Like will they just make them sound better or what?
Yeah , its great for fine tuning things just to your liking

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Do you know if these drivers allow support for the front I/O with the X-Fi Platinim? In other words, does it include the Creative Entertainment Center for use with the remote?
I'm wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

I don't really see any new options to be honest. They sound the same too. Something I'm missing?

Perhaps , its improved the sound for me a bit, and tweaking has helped as well.'
I don't remember the bass settings though , do you?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname
View Post

Perhaps , its improved the sound for me a bit, and tweaking has helped as well.'
I don't remember the bass settings though , do you?

I could have swore those were there. All they seem to do is add MORE bass...which isn't exactly needed for me lol.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

View Post

I could have swore those were there. All they seem to do is add MORE bass...which isn't exactly needed for me lol.

It might be more apparent to me because of the setup that i have , not to diss you z-5500s , im just saying.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname
View Post

It might be more apparent to me because of the setup that i have , not to diss you z-5500s , im just saying.

Nah it's cool. I know they're nowhere near the best. I wish EAX settings would do something tho (like the theater, recital hall)...all they do is make a ton more bass and a nasty echo. Same with you?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
been using them for 2 years now, and they's great. although right now im without a xfi card. :/

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Oh wait...i messed around with some settings and now it sounds...clearer. Like the bass drowns everything out less, but still is loud and punchy...if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

View Post

Nah it's cool. I know they're nowhere near the best. I wish EAX settings would do something tho (like the theater, recital hall)...all they do is make a ton more bass and a nasty echo. Same with you?

Yeah , thats why i don't touch the EAX settings.

Quote:

View Post

Oh wait...i messed around with some settings and now it sounds...clearer. Like the bass drowns everything out less, but still is loud and punchy...if that makes any sense.

lol , yeah i tweaked it as well. If you put the cut off frequency at 200, it lowers the bass. so basically the lower the number , the higher the bass. I didnt like that setting though because it seemed to make my bass all muddy. The regular bass/treble settings in the windows mixer do it well enough.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts