Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see people compare their overclocks for the i5-750.

I'm wanting to know exactly what your best PERFORMING overclock is, and you can list your normal every day over clock as well. What ever impressed you about the i5-750.

The fastest & best O.C. i was able to achieve was at:

196 Base Clock
17 X CPU Multiplier (For long term use)

This made my i5-750 run INSANELY smooth & fast, it's what made me fall in love with the chip, outright!

I can run the CPU Multiplier up to 19X for serious task that need immediate super speed. This I use for short term use because of heat.

I'm seriously considering switching to the Unlocked i5-755 Later for the 21 Multiplier, because I'm dying to see what x21 & x23 will do, as I've read that an odd multiplier is better than an even multiplier like x20.

Thanks for your feedback..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well, I did get mine to 4.4ghz when the weather was alot colder, then I settled with 4.2 as the max overclock I was happy to be using regularly. Then I just decided to stick with 4ghz as I could run it at 1.256v compared to the 1.3 something I needed for 4.2 and the ~1.375v (IIRC) for 4.4ghz

This is with

212 Blck
19 Multi

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
3.51 is a good O.C. for every day use.
The guy right above him was able to get 4.4. 3.51 isn't very fast.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post
I have to admit that I wasn't really too comfortable with it running at 4.4GHz though. It was 100% stable, but I didn't think it was worth it with the huge increase in voltages and temps. Going from 4.2 to 4.4 isn't the kind of thing that give you a noticeable boost in gaming so I felt it wasn't worth it in the end

I would also like to add that I'm pretty sure the chips that have been sold since mine seem to take a lot more voltage to run at the same speeds as mine did with lower voltage. I wouldn't say that is a fact, but it just seems like that from what I have seen

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post
fast is subjective. i cannot tell a difference between 2.9ghz and 4.4ghz on my i3. the only way i know its faster is when folding gets almost triple the PPD.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mib2347 View Post
I have to admit that I wasn't really too comfortable with it running at 4.4GHz though. It was 100% stable, but I didn't think it was worth it with the huge increase in voltages and temps. Going from 4.2 to 4.4 isn't the kind of thing that give you a noticeable boost in gaming so I felt it wasn't worth it in the end
Ditto

EDIT:

Also you don't need to swap your chip for 21x multi; my board (and a few others IIRC) will let you access it with Turbo disabled.
Besides even without it your board can hit 210 BLCK

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mib2347 View Post
I would also like to add that I'm pretty sure the chips that have been sold since mine seem to take a lot more voltage to run at the same speeds as mine did with lower voltage. I wouldn't say that is a fact, but it just seems like that from what I have seen
I would agree with you. I just got my i5 750 over the summer and I cannot go over 3.8 ghz without my volts going above 1.3v. This may be because I am an amateur overclocker but I still think that this chip should get better volts for higher overclocks.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If I had water cooling, I could probably get 4.72 stable at 1.48 volts. Temps got too high for any extended testing tho. (See CPU-z in my sig)

The best I've done on air, stable, is 4.4 at 1.4v. (this was a quick setting, so I may have been able to lower the voltage)

Everyday is 4GHz 20x 200bclk at 1.3v (1.28 under load)

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post
If I had water cooling, I could probably get 4.72 stable at 1.48 volts. Temps got too high for any extended testing tho. (See CPU-z in my sig)

The best I've done on air, stable, is 4.4 at 1.4v.

Everyday is 4GHz 20x 200bclk at 1.3v (1.28 under load)
Whats ur IMC, PLL, PCh voltages for 4Ghz??

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadSoul View Post
Whats ur IMC, PLL, PCh voltages for 4Ghz??
IMC 1.15
PLL 1.8
PCH is on auto. (I cant remeber what it sets it too. 1.0v maybe?)

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
my chip runns perfect @ 3.8GHz 190x20 with all the fearures on, using 1.35 vcore and the max safe 1.21vtt which im not willing to exceed. I may be able to get the vcore down as thats automatic. Doesnt go above 70c under extreme testing. I have yet to see anyone get a higher stable overclock using the same 1.21 vtt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts