Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's keep this civil. No religious theories(We already know them anyways), and try to keep the political discussion to a minimum. I'm just curious as to what you guys think the End of Days will manifest as, is all.

Personally, I'm in favor of self-annihilation. Most likely, nuclear war brought on by lack of resources. Mainly, it will be oil, but there's a strong possiblity that it could also spark over food shortages, as the planet's Potassium reserve is being depleted crazily fast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What has been conjectured to be the cause of mass extinctions in Earth's past: Death from the Heavens (i.e. meteor bombardment or major asteroid collision).

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

Aliens.

That's what I hope.

But what I think will happen is the usual self-annihilation from our own stupidity.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts

I too think it will come as a nuclear (nucular
) war. But I don't think that's what will end it, it will be the subsequent fallout.
And I also don't think it'll end humanity as there are groups of people living in remote areas of the planet that are insignificant enough that they'll never be bombed.

-OR-

JESUS!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

Personally, I'm in favor of self-annihilation. Most likely, nuclear war brought on by lack of resources. Mainly, it will be oil, but there's a strong possiblity that it could also spark over food shortages, as the planet's Potassium reserve is being depleted crazily fast.

Basically...That. Similar to Mad Max.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

-OR-

The devil will set forth an army of demons to devour the people unwilling to bow before him. Then Jesus will come down and he's gonna be PISSED! And then he's going to whoop Satan's ass for good. THE END.

Please edit that out. It's just going to get the thread locked.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
The dollar will slowly lose value for the next two years until is is worth next to nothing. You will no longer be able to buy food at grocery stores which will cause nearly all of the people who live in cities to die. It has been estimated that within 30 (or was it 15?) days without power about 50% of the people would be dead, in cities the percentage will be higher. The people who don't live in cities will have to live off the land and grow their own food. The only way to buy stuff will be with Silver and Gold. It won't be the End of Days because there will always be people smart enough to survive.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

I too think it will come as a nuclear (nucular
) war. But I don't think that's what will end it, it will be the subsequent fallout.
And I also don't think it'll end humanity as there are groups of people living in remote areas of the planet that are insignificant enough that they'll never be bombed.

-OR-

JESUS!

Well, the fallout from the bombs will create a nuclear winter for several years, killing most of the life on earth.. So even if there's some Russian dude in Siberia who lives far away from everything, he'd still most likely die of the nuclear winter.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberbot
View Post

Well, the fallout from the bombs will create a nuclear winter for several years, killing most of the life on earth.. So even if there's some Russian dude in Siberia who lives far away from everything, he'd still most likely die of the nuclear winter.

I was thinking more along the lines of Eskimo's. And I had thought about the fallout blocking the sky and all that BS. But then the thought hit me is that the animals would most likely come out due to low light conditions thus making easier prey and lets say they died of starvation, up there, it's so cold that I doubt the meat would go bad. There'd probably be animal corpses all over that people could scavenger. I'm sure it would be pretty nasty, but I bet if you're starving you'd eat just about anything.

Anyway, new theory: Since the Earth is overdue for a "Pole" (north pole/south pole) switch, when it does switch, it'll cause a 100 mile high Tsunami that will go around the earth and wipe everyone out, except for guys in subs.

EDIT: And since there's mainly only guys in subs, the small amount of women that will be left will be insufficient to repopulate and the species is kaput. THE END!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts