Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 30.6%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is dedicated to our favorite game developers of all time.
Feel free to list any of your top coders, designers, and debuggers.
Also, list your farvorite games from said developer and why.

IE. John Carmack-Doom, Quake, Wolf3D, Doom3, Quake 4. Advanced graphics and still with enough guts to use the OpenGL engine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This may be a bit premature reasoning, but I'm going to go with Flying labs Software...

Pirates of the Burning Sea is looking very good from screenshots and beta, and they respond quickly on their forums. They listen to the forums as well, implementing suggestion after suggestion. Also not being afraid to delay the game so that they could retain control over their game from the publisher.

Class Act

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I like valve because they have an awesome engine, and great games. I also like blizzard/flagship for the obvious reasons.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Anything not EA, lol...

Blizzard is, of course, amazing. I've never seen them make a bad game. Other than them, I would say Epic Games and Valve both seem to be great companies, consistantly putting out great game after great game.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
i like square enix. But dont know if they have andy pc games really. I know they have some ports but thats about it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p
View Post

Anything not EA, lol...

Blizzard is, of course, amazing. I've never seen them make a bad game. Other than them, I would say Epic Games and Valve both seem to be great companies, consistantly putting out great game after great game.

haha, but I love bf2142!
jk.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Ubisoft! Assassin's Creed is going to be awesome, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six have always been sweet games to play, plus, they never disappoint.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
John Carmack, of course. I hate it when noobs act like he's no big deal. He invented the genre these fools slather over so much. He commands respect.

Warren Spector. Most people appreciate his work from Deus Ex or System Shock 2, but mine goes all the way back to his work in the Ultima games.

And I'll give Richard Garriot a nod for coming up with Ultima way back in dawn of personal computing, and it remained the best RPG series around until we got stuck with Ultima 8 and 9. And of course Ultima Online...bah to WoW, UO rules all.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Bungie (shocker right?) Then probably NCsoft for Guild Wars.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Intelligent Systems or Rare

sorry, forgot to add a reason. Because I like the games they make. Perfect Dark, Paper Mario, etc.

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Bioware for their awesome RPG's and Bohemian Interactive for their strategy shooters.

If you've ever played NWN or Baldurs Gate then you'll understand the Bioware, and if you've ever played Operation Flashpoint or ArmA then you'll agree with Bohemian

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by immoral giant
View Post

Do EA and Ubisoft actually develop? I thought they purely published games.

For me I would say Epic, ID or Valve. Of course if it would be put down to a person it would be Carmack (and possible Romero, was that his name?).

Aye, EA and Ubi are publishers. Try not to confuse a publishing company for a development one. The publishers just distribute, fund, and then rake in cash.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by immoral giant
View Post

(and possible Romero, was that his name?).

John Romero. He was part of id back in the Doom days, and he deserves some credit for that work. But he also subjected us to Daikatana, one of the most critically reviled games ever unleashed upon unsuspecting gamers; in no small part because of how much he used his Doom celebrity to hype up the game before it was released...and then the game sucked.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by immoral giant View Post
Do EA and Ubisoft actually develop? I thought they purely published games.

For me I would say Epic, ID or Valve. Of course if it would be put down to a person it would be Carmack (and possible Romero, was that his name?).
Well no matter who develops it, EA will ruin it, lol.

And I can't believe I forgot the 2 biggest names... I was thinking PC only...

Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto are both incredible minds. Can't believe I forgot.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Blizzard has never let me down (Ghost looked like it was gonna suck anyway
) They're my favorite by far.

I detest John Carmack. He angers me.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Valve, Crytech, and Bungie are my favorites. Far Cry, Half Life 2, and Halo are still my 3 favorite SP FPS games.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
My favorite of all time is Westwood.. for the early C&C games.. best RTS games ever IMHO

1 - 20 of 48 Posts