Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know everyone's view on the new Medal Of Honour game that's coming out.

I would like to hear people's opinions that have played the game because that's what I'm really after as I have a friend who will defend it to the earth and I've read everywhere, everyONE hates the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
My views were changed with this last beta, the first beta i played for 20 mins and uninstalled, it just seemed sluggish, laggy recoil-less, i just didnt care for it..

Then last week with the 2nd beta, i gave it a fair chance , played for a few hours, then immediatly ordered the game! I liked it a lot, i unlocked all the assault weapons that are available in beta, and i really had fun with it, i was also impressed with the sounds, and gun models and all are pretty good..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't anything special. The graphics weren't nearly as bad as what people where saying they were. It was like BC2's graphics only better frame rates.

If the game is just a little bit better than what the two betas were, then I'll probably get it.

The more I played it, the funner it became.

They say they are making a bunch of changes including map size and lag.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayem View Post
My views were changed with this last beta, the first beta i played for 20 mins and uninstalled, it just seemed sluggish, laggy recoil-less, i just didnt care for it..

Then last week with the 2nd beta, i gave it a fair chance , played for a few hours, then immediatly ordered the game! I liked it a lot, i unlocked all the assault weapons that are available in beta, and i really had fun with it, i was also impressed with the sounds, and gun models and all are pretty good..
That's what caught my attention too.

The sounds were amazing and the gun models weren't too shabby either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Can I ask why everyone is so concerned with MOH? Does everyone hope/think it will be a CoD:MW2 killer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,001 Posts
The 2nd beta was much better than the first but still not as polished as I had hoped. The main gripes I had with the 2nd Beta were the Spawns were horrible, Recoil is still very lacking, Cheaters were everywhere, and the maps were too small for the Sector Control type game. If the cheating, spawns, and recoil get patched It's a must have. If not try your luck somewhere else. Also I read that the cheaters will not be as prevalent in the retail release because PunkBuster was not fully activated for the 2nd Beta. I hope this is true.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,341 Posts
I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the Objective mode more than rush mode in bc2.

The gunplay is pretty much the same as the old MoH games, deadly accurate weapons, bullets are going where they should. requires tactics, smoke before you run into the open.

It feels like it should. I will be buying it next month more than likely. I am getting new vegas this month, some i am currently holding off.

I felt performance was great, it didnt get any slowdowns like i do in bc2 during heavy action. Lag was good.
 

·
PC Gaming Master Race
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
I've been reading through this thread trying to think of how to sum up my view in as few words as possible and came to:

Trash.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
old MoH games, deadly accurate weapons, bullets are going where they should.
Not even true. Guns are 'accurate' because there is almost no recoil in the game, I could literally shoot the m249 full auto and control it steadily.

I just enjoy some form of realism in the game and there appears to be none in this game. Grenades thrown directly at people don't always kill or even injure. I would probably rather play BC2 then this because it has destructible environments and just feels better (also larger maps).

Definitely waiting for black ops and buying that instead of wasting the money on this.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post
Not even true. Guns are 'accurate' because there is almost no recoil in the game, I could literally shoot the m249 full auto and control it steadily.

I just enjoy some form of realism in the game and there appears to be none in this game. Grenades thrown directly at people don't always kill or even injure. I would probably rather play BC2 then this because it has destructible environments and just feels better (also larger maps).

Definitely waiting for black ops and buying that instead of wasting the money on this.
you do realize that there is very little recoil on modern weapons.

In the other thread in here for moh. there are a ton of videos of people going full auto and maintaining near perfect control over the weapons. Including a m249 from standing position.

Anyone claiming that the recoil is not realistic is just basing it off what they think realism is based off another game they played.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,796 Posts
Personally I hate it. If you already have moderwarfail2 and/or battlefield bad company 2 then don't buy this cheap knockoff. Honestly I was very very unpleasantly surprised when I played this game in closed beta...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
you do realize that there is very little recoil on modern weapons.

In the other thread in here for moh. there are a ton of videos of people going full auto and maintaining near perfect control over the weapons. Including a m249 from standing position.

Anyone claiming that the recoil is not realistic is just basing it off what they think realism is based off another game they played.
+Rep, my friend.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,821 Posts
I didn't like:
  • The physics of movement in game
  • Lack of recoil with weapons
  • Poor map layout (at least with the four maps I played)
  • Grenades are ridiculous (does almost no damage)
  • Lack of placing mortar attacks or other perk attacks where you want ("No Valid Target")
  • Weapons are grossly unbalanced
  • Re-spawn positions tended to be very bad
I was not happy with it and I don't see much or any of that ever being fixed. They're definitely not going to fix the maps - and that's the biggest drawback for me.

EDIT: Spelling..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
you do realize that there is very little recoil on modern weapons.

In the other thread in here for moh. there are a ton of videos of people going full auto and maintaining near perfect control over the weapons. Including a m249 from standing position.

Anyone claiming that the recoil is not realistic is just basing it off what they think realism is based off another game they played.
You do realize that we don't want a realistic simulator, we want a balanced fun game?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
You do realize that we don't want a realistic simulator, we want a balanced fun game?
it is fun, and it was balanced, its not like your gun had lots of recoil, and the other guys doesnt.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top